[SOLVED] Use GPU from a server (through ssh client) and couple with my local CPU

Mar 4, 2020
I have a curious question, Our Institute has a tesla GPU and we can access it through ssh client for submitting our work. But it takes time for the job allocation. Is there any way I can integrate the GPU and my local computer CPU (which has 4 processors). and I am using Ubuntu 18.04

Solution
I have a curious question, Our Institute has a tesla GPU and we can access it through ssh client for submitting our work. But it takes time for the job allocation. Is there any way I can integrate the GPU and my local computer CPU (which has 4 processors). and I am using Ubuntu 18.04
No. That GPU is tied to the server hosting it. You can't use your local CPU and a remote GPU.

kanewolf

Titan
No. That GPU is tied to the server hosting it. You can't use your local CPU and a remote GPU.

Solution