Use one gpu for running games and another just for my monitor

gamer4life63

Prominent
Sep 17, 2017
OK so I've finally delved into the world of dual GPU's, a Gt 730 low profile andba GTX 550 Ti. Now is it possible to dedicate the 550 for running games while using the 730 for just my monitor, this is without sli. I'm not certain with that, if it is possible to do without sli, how could I do it?

I'll give my specs if needed if asked, thanks in advance for your help guys!

Solution
We did this back in the olden days. Back then we needed all the power we had just to run games. Dual view wasn't even an option. I have four monitors attached to my R9 280. From the reviews I've read the idle power draw is higher with more than one monitor, but gaming isn't really affected.

4745454b

Titan
We did this back in the olden days. Back then we needed all the power we had just to run games. Dual view wasn't even an option. I have four monitors attached to my R9 280. From the reviews I've read the idle power draw is higher with more than one monitor, but gaming isn't really affected.

Solution

gamer4life63

Prominent
Sep 17, 2017
Sorry, I didn't realise I didn't say in my original question. I'm running two separate monitors, my TV as my main and an actual computer monitor and asecond. I had them both in one but I'm just trying to get better efficiency with what I can get right now.
Thanks for the input so far guys, it's really appreciated

4745454b

Titan
New info doesn't change my opinion. I wouldn't worry about it. Modern cards have no issues doing this, and if you are worried about "better efficiency" it's more efficient to run them on one card instead of two. I honestly wouldn't worry about adding a second card.