News Use this Code to Get Intel's 1TB 660p NVMe SSD for $85

I was impressed by the price... and disgust by the performance of this drive. Don't touch this with a 10 feet pole. This drive choke at the minute you fill it up.

From what I have read pretty much any SSD will slow down when you fill them up. So nothing unique to this drive at all.

I was thinking about it, but then recalled the many recent Intel security issues/patches. Decided not to buy.

Which has nothing to do with their SSDs so not really relevant to buying them over anything else.

BTW if you wont buy based on security issues or patches then you might want to never buy anything PC wise. Nothing is secure. Intel may be getting headlines but I would bet any company, Samsung, AMD or any other major company has security issues. Some get found and patched out without you ever knowing.

Reactions: PC Tailor

Giroro

Splendid
I'm really confused why you would say the 660p is comparable to a Samsung 970 pro (well outside of these deal posts being about generating sales for affiliate $$).

The 970 Pro has nearly twice the storage bandwidth of this drive in the majority of benchmarks in the 660p review.

That counter-argument is invalid...

The security issues I am referring to do affect their storage technology.

And why would I give up purchasing PC tech when there are other vendors/manufacturers out there that do not face these same security flaws?

That made no sense.

That counter-argument is invalid...

The security issues I am referring to do affect their storage technology.

And why would I give up purchasing PC tech when there are other vendors/manufacturers out there that do not face these same security flaws?

That made no sense.

There has yet to be anything about their consumer SSDs. Only flaw I can find was in their DC products but has been patched out. It also required physical access to the device to even utilize the exploit.

Now if you are talking about RST thats different and is not involved with their SSDs. RST is specifically for their chipsets storage controller.

And my point is that every company has security flaws. AMD has had a few similar to Intel. Even Samsung has had their share:

No company is safe. And as I said a lot of flaws tend to get fixed without anyone ever knowing in firmware and software updates.