[SOLVED] Used motherboard won't even boot to Bios

Oct 10, 2019
Hi, i need some help here...i just bought a used but still working Gigabyte motherboard (model:GA-EP43T-UD3L), that uses ddr3 instead of ddr2, in order to update my second pc that runs a Q9650 core 2 quad...i have tried EVERYTHING, from breadboarding it, with an other CPU and an other PSU, the ram is compatible and new, so i tried every combination, nothing worked, i tried several cpu fans, and of course, i cleaned the CMOS and tried entering the backup bios but still nothing. I am running out of ideas, every thought is welcome from me to try...i have the right to give it back, but i have waited lots of time to pick such a motherboard... please help.

Solution
I would think if that were the issue, the board would automatically downclock the RAM and it wouldn't advertise faster RAM as being compatible. If you have DDR3-1066 RAM available, then it's not going to hurt to try it, but I wouldn't spend tons of money on the theory.

-Wolf sends
Oct 10, 2019
Try booting your system with just one RAM module installed in the RAM slot closest to the CPU.

-Wolf sends
I just tried, same thing happens...i have installed a speaker, and when it first boots it beeps twice, then closes and reboots, beeping continiusly until it shuts down again

Oct 10, 2019
I just tried, same thing happens...i have installed a speaker, and when it first boots it beeps twice, then closes and reboots, beeping continiusly until it shuts down again
Try booting your system with just one RAM module installed in the RAM slot closest to the CPU.

-Wolf sends

I have a question : The motherboard runs the RAM at 1600Mhz max, the ram is 1600Mhz...the possessor though says that the max supported is 1066 and with oc 1333...is that a problem? And with lower ram, would it be able to run?

Wolfshadw

Titan
I would think if that were the issue, the board would automatically downclock the RAM and it wouldn't advertise faster RAM as being compatible. If you have DDR3-1066 RAM available, then it's not going to hurt to try it, but I wouldn't spend tons of money on the theory.

-Wolf sends

Solution