[SOLVED] Used old PSU cables on 34TB of drives and they are no longer recognized

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

orangebear

Prominent
Dec 17, 2021
I was a dummy and swapped all cables on my new PSU except the SATA drives. All three drives no longer show in BIOS. They are shucked Western Digital Easy Drives. After some research, it seems it could be the fuses, the diodes, or I might just be screwed. Interestingly, all three HDDs provided different readings from the multimeter, which confuses my next step further. I've attached pictures with the readings. I hope somebody could provide further guidance.

Solution
Fuses should measure 0.0 ohms or close enough. Therefore all except the 12V fuse in the first photo are open circuit.

The 5V TVS diode in the second photo is shorted. All other diodes appear to be OK. The 0.18V or 0.19V readings are due to the low forward voltage drops of the Schottky diodes (the smaller diode in each pair).

USAFRet

Titan
and after a eventful night I accidentally plugged in a 19volt adapter into my wd easy store and then it stopped working, now I was able to shuck it and found that the adapter board is working but the hdd mother board is the issue and the board is 006-0B40385 (on the back) and 006-0B40385 (on the front)

and here are the reading for the drive !!
Please start a NEW thread for your particular situation.

Reactions: techbabler
Status
Not open for further replies.