Used R7 260x or New Gt 1030 in 2018?

alsolinnancel

Reputable
Jan 16, 2018
I thought of buying gt 1030 since its better than intel hd at least.
But I saw a used r7 260x at low price with 30 days money back at a local shop.
I will replace the card after my graduation with a very better gpu (at 2019)

So my questions are:

1. Did anyone heard or experienced any issue in R7 260x? (like overheating or etc)

2. Should I go with 1030 believing It can serve me for a year?

3. Is it worth taking the risk since r7 is a old gpu?

Note: I have a ips 768p monitor.

Thank you very much in advance :)

Solution
There are no known issues with the r7 260x. Depending on the make of the card and cooler used, it usually runs at an acceptable temperature.

There is always a risk of buying used, so you have to consider that against the price difference, but a well looked after graphics card can still be running just fine at 10+ years old, so there is no reason to think it will fail soon.

Ok, the r7 260x has better performance than a GT 1030, however this is at the cost of more power required......make sure your PSU is powerful enough (500w minimum) and has the right power lead/s, I think most used a single 6 pin but I could be wrong. Where as the GT 1030 only uses 30w and it gets this from the motherboard, so no power connectors are required.
There are no known issues with the r7 260x. Depending on the make of the card and cooler used, it usually runs at an acceptable temperature.

There is always a risk of buying used, so you have to consider that against the price difference, but a well looked after graphics card can still be running just fine at 10+ years old, so there is no reason to think it will fail soon.

Ok, the r7 260x has better performance than a GT 1030, however this is at the cost of more power required......make sure your PSU is powerful enough (500w minimum) and has the right power lead/s, I think most used a single 6 pin but I could be wrong. Where as the GT 1030 only uses 30w and it gets this from the motherboard, so no power connectors are required.

Solution

Edzha

Reputable
Oct 18, 2014

U know what when i was looking for card some one like u told me r7 260x is good card no problems or anything.

First had to downclock it to 800mhz
update bios
get old drivers
***Removed by mod***
***personal insult removed by mod. STOP SWEARING***

When the GPU first came out there were driver issues that cause black screens, those were fixed back in 2014. I'm not saying that there isn't the odd faulty GPU still out there, but you can find faulty GPUs for just about everything ever released.

You really sound like you need a hug.

The advice given was solid. Your specific case is an exception.

Edzha

Reputable
Oct 18, 2014

yeah i need hug :D i did trow my r7 260x just out from 5th floor and it still lays there got 1060 omg no lags no craps perfect card btw check there is like 7 treads this month about r series crap

TRENDING THREADS