User locked out of domain attached computer

LMS_Services

Honorable
May 15, 2013
Hi all,

I have a question and need to give a little information about it first, so please bear with me:

One of my clients has a number of computers attached to a domain where anyone can use their own username and password to login to any computer and access their files. The problem is that some people don't want certain people using their computer but it is a huge hassle to create group policies to prevent all the different users from logging in on various computers.

Anyway, I had created a machine level and domain level profile called "others" that people use on all the computers on this particular computer (my mistake). After realizing that I had accidentally logged in as "others" on this computer, I logged into the setup profile and deleted both the "others" and "others.domain" under C:\Users but when I deleted the "others.domain" I was given the error that the name was too long to send to recycle bin and just left the user folder but with nothing in it -- good enough.

Now, the "others.domain" can't login to that computer, which is good, but I'm curious as to why?

Thanks all you experts!

Note: The "others" profile can still login to all the computers on the domain except the one mentioned as I didn't remove the profile from the actual domain.

Solution
Sounds like a rights issue with the folder, if the system can't create the user files, it can't logon the user. Try booting off a Linux Live CD and delete the directory that way and see what happens after that.