User Policy not Refreshing on W2K Clients

We have W2K clients that are receiving IE settings via a GP that has been
working as expected for over a year. Our AD was migrated to Win 2003 about 6
moths ago and everything was still working normally. Recently, we found that
only the computer settings from the GPO is being applied, the user settings
are not. This is only occuring on our W2K client, it is working normally on
XP using gpupdate.

Some of the troubleshooting include running gpresult /v which lists all of
the computer setting applied, nothing for user. I made changes to one of the
computer setting and one user setting then ran secedit, the computer made the
change where the user did not. I checked the user version and both AD and
Sysvol match. We have the refresh rate set to default in the GP with the
"Process even if the Group Policy objects have not changed" enabled. (This
was to reset the settings if a user should change them) Also, the GP is not
disabled, blocked or anything of that sort.

What other troubleshooting can I do? Also, does anyone know what could be
causing this?

I have been having a similar problem with "some" of myw2k clients too.
Gpresult says it applied but my sites and settings on "some" of my w2k
clients do not get set. A work around I have found is to copy the existing
policy with all the same settings and then replace the existing policy with
the copied policy. Then when I find another workstation that does not take
the policy, I flop back to the original. So, it seems like my policies are
ok, it is just bad processing on the client side. I also use the "Process
even if the Group Policy objects have not changed" without luck in fixing
those systems with the problem. I have not found a 100% fix to the problem
at this time. Lrt me know if you come across anything or any tips.

Rob McShinsky