Question user profile cannot be loaded - windows 10 pro

SnoozePSN

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2017
Hello all,

So ordered a new PC few days ago (time to upgrade) and my current old one obviously needed to be reset to factory so I can give it to someone. So, last night (I HAD to go to sleep for work) attempted to do as such, went to bed with it at like 50-55%, Woke up to the message in the Title above. Googled of course, while I am stuck @ login screen, holding Shift, and Restart button on side did not work. (I THINK it originally came with Windows 7 or 8, now it has Windows 10 Pro) But holding Shift, Alt, then Restart button did work to get into the blue screen where Options are. Problem now is, all tho that blue options screen appears, 1/2 the options will NOT work. Chose command prompt, black screen, trouble shoot screen, options, select one and few others, black screen. Choosing another option, black screen. The current PC is 7 years old and WAS working perfectly up until last night. It is an HP 870-090, MoBo is: HP 2B4B / Intel Sunrise Point Z170, Intel Skylake-S, CPU: i7-6700K. GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080.

Also. I cannot seem to get into BIOS for the life of me either. I cant remember which F-key gets into it, or, if thats screwed up also. It’s been 7 yrs.

Could it just be my keyboard? Using a wireless Logitech at the moment.

Mar 31, 2024
A bad keyboard might prevent you from getting into BIOS but shouldn't cause a blackscreen when picking a recovery option. Create a bootable Windows 10 usb and try to boot into recovery from there.

Ps.: If that's an Asus BIOS I think you can get into it by pressing Del. You got you mobo model, look it up.

SnoozePSN

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2017
So, I could NOT locate an 8GB flash drive, I unplugged the PC, waited a bit, took gpu out, some cables from drives out, cmos battery out, moved the jumper, then moved it back again, put everything back firmly, plugged in PC, it booted, rgb light in front, GPU fans spin, CPU fan spins, but it will NOT display anything at all, and keyboard does this slow blinking light (it is a backlit keyboard) , so , now what?

Mar 31, 2024
So, I could NOT locate an 8GB flash drive, I unplugged the PC, waited a bit, took gpu out, some cables from drives out, cmos battery out, moved the jumper, then moved it back again, put everything back firmly, plugged in PC, it booted, rgb light in front, GPU fans spin, CPU fan spins, but it will NOT display anything at all, and keyboard does this slow blinking light (it is a backlit keyboard) , so , now what?

Now I'd start from ground up and get a PC speaker (assuming you don't have one installed due the lack of mention of beeps), because too many variables changed and something may not be properly seated.

Unplug everything, leave only RAM, CPU and keyboard. Ensure you plugged all power cables necessary for the mobo, CPU and fans work. Your CPU has integrated graphics so plug your monitor there. If it posts see if you can get into the BIOS, if it doesn't you can try to reseat the RAM, checking if the contacts and slots are clean. If it still doesn't post it's time for the speaker.

SnoozePSN

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2017
No motherboard (error) beep noises if thats what your referring to … I did expect to hear, but nothing. When it WAS running perfectly few days ago and several years before, its never given a beep noise, just always booted right to desktop. Also, there is only one hdmi port, thats basically the only place I can plug it in, and an old school DVI port, haven't used that in ages. And what is this time for the speaker thing?

Mar 31, 2024
No motherboard (error) beep noises if thats what your referring to … I did expect to hear, but nothing. When it WAS running perfectly few days ago and several years before, its never given a beep noise, just always booted right to desktop. Also, there is only one hdmi port, thats basically the only place I can plug it in, and an old school DVI port, haven't used that in ages. And what is this time for the speaker thing?

Read the manual to see if there's a speaker. If there's a connection but it doesn't come with one, you didn't install one nor can see one installed you'll have to acquire one. It can't beep without one.

"this time for the speaker" = You'll have to install one, listen to the beep and check the manual to discover what the beeped code means.

SnoozePSN

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2017
c05546018.jpg

This is what my MoBo looks like to a TEE, except its upside down, anyhow, I believe your talking about Front Audio to the bottom left? There is a System buzzer I noticed, middle right

Mar 31, 2024
No, it's the system buzzer. So it has a built-in speaker, good.

Remove all RAM modules, turn it on and see if it beeps. These seem to be the beep codes for HP, with long red = long beeps, short white = short beeps) : https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_1997210-1528385-16

If it still does nothing then I'd try to reset the CMOS and try again. If nothing, remove the CPU and power it on. If still nothing then try another PSU. If you have one at hand already you can try it before removing CPU just to avoid fussing with the CPU unnecessarily.