[SOLVED] Userbenchmark crash in 3 weeks?

Kutchek

Honorable
Sep 21, 2015
Hi!

When I got my new pc 3 weeks ago, I tested it on Userbenchmark and the gpu was pretty high at around the 90th percentile ("way above average!!")

I just got a new monitor and redone the test, and it's crashed down to the 38th percentile and is "operating below average"! 😳 😱

Is this to do with me changing from a 27" 1080p monitor to a 43" 4k 144hz monitor and running the benchmark at a different resolution, or has my gpu half died, or is this just something that happens on Userbenchmark due to updated algorithms and there is actually nothing wrong with my gpu at all and its running the same as it was and I'm worrying about nothing? 🤔

Cheers!

Solution
Alright take care, and as I wrote test in game, if playing at double the resolution you feel the game is doing great, then don't pay attention to userbenchmark results.

Hi again, I just wanted to give you some feedback after I found out a few more things!

Apparently, as I was running Windows in 4k on the new monitor compared to the old 1080p 27" , it did make some difference to performance!

I also did a tiny overclock on the gpu, and then set the Power option to Ultimate Performance in Control Panel, and now the GPU is benching at the 89-95th percentile compared to other GPUs of the same type depending on which monitor I use, which is fantastic!

So again, just wanted to update you and thank you again for replying 😃😃😊
Hi!

When I got my new pc 3 weeks ago, I tested it on Userbenchmark and the gpu was pretty high at around the 90th percentile ("way above average!!")

I just got a new monitor and redone the test, and it's crashed down to the 38th percentile and is "operating below average"! 😳 😱

Is this to do with me changing from a 27" 1080p monitor to a 43" 4k 144hz monitor and running the benchmark at a different resolution, or has my gpu half died, or is this just something that happens on Userbenchmark due to updated algorithms and there is actually nothing wrong with my gpu at all and its running the same as it was and I'm worrying about nothing? 🤔

Cheers!

Hello, it will be really great if you could link here the original test and this last one.

Also will be great to know your full system specs, writen down here.

In all honestly, if games are working as you like and expected, and performance is good (specially by going from 1080 to 4K) then I would not worry too much about userbenchmark.

Kutchek

Honorable
Sep 21, 2015
Hello, it will be really great if you could link here the original test and this last one.

Also will be great to know your full system specs, writen down here.

In all honestly, if games are working as you like and expected, and performance is good (specially by going from 1080 to 4K) then I would not worry too much about userbenchmark.
Hi

Thanks for the reply

I'm currently on my night shift atm, so no access to the tests, but I'll have a look in the morning when I get home!

Specs are

Asus TUF Gaming Z490 Plus Wifi
i9-10850K
Gigabyte 3080ti Gaming OC
32g Corsair 3200 ram
970 Evo 256gb ssd
2tb Barracuda hd
4tb Seagate ext hd
Corsair 850w gold psu

Gigabyte Aorus FV43U monitor

Thanks!

Reactions: RodroX
Hi

Thanks for the reply

I'm currently on my night shift atm, so no access to the tests, but I'll have a look in the morning when I get home!

Specs are

Asus TUF Gaming Z490 Plus Wifi
i9-10850K
Gigabyte 3080ti Gaming OC
32g Corsair 3200 ram
970 Evo 256gb ssd
2tb Barracuda hd
4tb Seagate ext hd
Corsair 850w gold psu

Gigabyte Aorus FV43U monitor

Thanks!

Alright take care, and as I wrote test in game, if playing at double the resolution you feel the game is doing great, then don't pay attention to userbenchmark results.

Reactions: Kutchek

Kutchek

Honorable
Sep 21, 2015

Hi again, I just wanted to give you some feedback after I found out a few more things!

Apparently, as I was running Windows in 4k on the new monitor compared to the old 1080p 27" , it did make some difference to performance!

I also did a tiny overclock on the gpu, and then set the Power option to Ultimate Performance in Control Panel, and now the GPU is benching at the 89-95th percentile compared to other GPUs of the same type depending on which monitor I use, which is fantastic!

So again, just wanted to update you and thank you again for replying 😃😃😊

Reactions: RodroX
Solution