Using a startup disk in a RAID box

BP

I just realized that a WinXP startup floppy disk will not work (can't access
logical drives) when the HDD is on the RAID controller because the MB driver
is not installed.
Anyone have a link to info on how to make a complete Win XP boot disk with
the ability to load the Promise control driver?
I found some info on MS "Recovery Console" but that seems like driving tacks
with a sledgehammer.
TIA

"BP" <Zpoweretal@110.neZt> wrote in message
> I just realized that a WinXP startup floppy disk will not work
(can't access
> logical drives) when the HDD is on the RAID controller because the
MB driver
> is not installed.
> Anyone have a link to info on how to make a complete Win XP boot
disk with
> the ability to load the Promise control driver?
> I found some info on MS "Recovery Console" but that seems like
driving tacks
> with a sledgehammer.
> TIA

I'm no expert on XP and RAID ; but consider making a bootable CD
instead.

BP

"R. Asby Dragon" <ube_never@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> "BP" <Zpoweretal@110.neZt> wrote in message
> > I just realized that a WinXP startup floppy disk will not work
> (can't access
> > logical drives) when the HDD is on the RAID controller because the
> MB driver
> > is not installed.
> > Anyone have a link to info on how to make a complete Win XP boot
> disk with
> > the ability to load the Promise control driver?
> > I found some info on MS "Recovery Console" but that seems like
> driving tacks
> > with a sledgehammer.
> > TIA
>
> I'm no expert on XP and RAID ; but consider making a bootable CD
> instead.

Either would work. I'm getting close to patching something together here
from XP "parts". I just figured there must be someone else getting under the
hood and customizing Bill's toy. Hardware guys don't do that? I'll go ask
over at the microsoft.public groups... Heh Heh.