[SOLVED] Using a two fan CPU cooler with one cpu header

Furzumz

Reputable
I was considering picking up a used NH-D14 as they're a bit cheaper used but the one I was looking at doesn't come with a Y fan splitter cable

I only have one CPU fan header and two "system fan" headers. Would it be fine plugging one fan into the 'CPU' header and the other into a 'system fan' header? Or would that be a bad idea?

I could pick up a new splitter but at that point I'd rather just buy a new NH-D14 that comes with everything out of the box.

Solution
It can be fine, sure. But i would have them at the cpu header just so the system could properly manage the cooling.
Some MB give you the option to use the system header as the cpu one, and maybe some do give you the option to mix the 2? Look in your bios for any options here.

zesun

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2015
It can be fine, sure. But i would have them at the cpu header just so the system could properly manage the cooling.
Some MB give you the option to use the system header as the cpu one, and maybe some do give you the option to mix the 2? Look in your bios for any options here.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS