[SOLVED] using alot of cpu power

froggy8

Reputable
Nov 23, 2019
hi guys,

the facebook game i play on uses 70 percent of 3.50 mhz power, when i go off it then my pc only uses 2 percent of 0.90 mhz power.

does this mean i would need to upgrade my cpu?

i have the i5 4570s.

many thanks

Solution
If the game runs well...I wouldn't upgrade the CPU...unless other things don't run well (which may require a better CPU).

This is totally normal btw>>>>
"uses 70 percent of 3.50 mhz power, when i go off it then my pc only uses 2 percent of 0.90 mhz power."

...as far as the lagginess after a few hours....I don't think that's being caused by the CPU.....that may be your temps getting too hot....or your power supply isn't putting out properly after a few hours.

froggy8

Reputable
Nov 23, 2019
The bottom line is...
How does the game play?
Do you get the fps you want?
Can you play on the settings you want?

It isn't abnormal for the CPU to run at 70% while playing...but it does show you aren't going to get much more out of it.
the game runs very well but after several hours it starts to get bit laggy so i restart the game then its fine.

this game does not show any fps.

this game only has one setting.

If the game runs well...I wouldn't upgrade the CPU...unless other things don't run well (which may require a better CPU).

"uses 70 percent of 3.50 mhz power, when i go off it then my pc only uses 2 percent of 0.90 mhz power."

...as far as the lagginess after a few hours....I don't think that's being caused by the CPU.....that may be your temps getting too hot....or your power supply isn't putting out properly after a few hours.

Reactions: froggy8
Solution

froggy8

Reputable
Nov 23, 2019

thank you, i will just leave it as it is.