[SOLVED] Using an ipad to view a camera, deets inside

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
We have a location that we would like to utilize an older ipad that will sit in an area with public access and view a Nest camera. It is a 6th gen A1954.
The desire is to have the people walking into a lobby (payment window area) to be aware of, and able to see themselves on the camera, knowing they are being recorded and curtail bad behavior.

That in itself isn't a difficult issue. I am aware how to set up the app and view. The challenge part is getting the ipad to show only the view of the one camera while being locked. I have tried to look for instruction on how to do so and apparently am not searching the right terms. I find that there is or was a "guided mode" that would allow you to set a particular app on screen, always on, and would require a password to change from said screen. That sounds about perfect, aside from the other comments where either it won't actually show a live feed Nest camera that way, or will constantly "auto" log out after about 20-30 mins.

Is it possible?

Solution
The PIN would be used to unlock. However sounds like you want it to stay on. Maybe the guided feature would help with that.

To stay on: Look under Settings>Display & Brightness>Auto-Lock. Choose never.

I don't have an iPad but the settings are similar to an iPhone.

That setting should keep the display on.

spinningstill

Honorable
Jan 15, 2018
The PIN would be used to unlock. However sounds like you want it to stay on. Maybe the guided feature would help with that.

To stay on: Look under Settings>Display & Brightness>Auto-Lock. Choose never.

I don't have an iPad but the settings are similar to an iPhone.

That setting should keep the display on.

Reactions: punkncat
Solution