[SOLVED] Using ASRock B450M PRO4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard with AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor

Solution
The problem is second gen Ryzen CPUs like the 3700X came out after this board was produced. The B450 doesn't really know how to talk to that chip. Looking at the questions and reviews on Amazons site it looks like those boards have had their bios updated to support the newer chips. If you've already bought it then I'd say give it a shot. If it fails to work you can find someone with a Ryzen 1xxx or 2xxx to help you update the bios, or return for a x570 board.

4745454b

Titan
The problem is second gen Ryzen CPUs like the 3700X came out after this board was produced. The B450 doesn't really know how to talk to that chip. Looking at the questions and reviews on Amazons site it looks like those boards have had their bios updated to support the newer chips. If you've already bought it then I'd say give it a shot. If it fails to work you can find someone with a Ryzen 1xxx or 2xxx to help you update the bios, or return for a x570 board.

Solution
Aug 15, 2019
Well i could always refund it before it arrives but then id be having to downgrade to a lower processor, not sure if that would be the safer option unless i can guarantee they work together with newer bios updates