[SOLVED] Using different brand name fans??

MrDreamerz

Honorable
Mar 4, 2017
I'm building a new pc (my first build) and one of the parts is corsair dual water cooling fans with rgb.
I was wondering if I can use different brand name RBG cooling fans to go with it to sync the RBG lights would that work?

It's just that Corsair fans are expensive and I want 7 of them. So I figured I'd get some cheap ones like algo or something.

Solution
What PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition?

The real key is to read the documentation for all installed components and case.

Pay close attention to footnotes, fine print, references to manufacturer's websites.

Sketch out the build and create your own assembly plan step by step.

Very likely that there will be a number of caveats some of which will include fans and fan placement(s).

More fans does not necessarily mean good air flow. You can create dead spots (no air flow) that can then allow components therein to run hotter. Maybe not enough to initially cause problems but eventually the constant higher temperatures will degrade those components.

Case in pic looks great but note that they are showing a case with nothing in...

Ralston18

Titan
A couple of thoughts:

You want 7 fans (for the RGB I guess) but do you need 7 fans?

Take a good close look at your build and the case. 7 fans may be counterproductive and you end up with reduced air flows if not correctly placed. Then hot components and all goes downhill from there....

And as for expense if you can get by with fewer fans then better quality fans may fall within budget.

Update your post to include full hardware specs and OS.

Add some details regarding your requirements. Could be workable but details matter.

RGB etc. is nice but never let form get in the way of function.

MrDreamerz

Honorable
Mar 4, 2017
A couple of thoughts:

You want 7 fans (for the RGB I guess) but do you need 7 fans?

Take a good close look at your build and the case. 7 fans may be counterproductive and you end up with reduced air flows if not correctly placed. Then hot components and all goes downhill from there....

And as for expense if you can get by with fewer fans then better quality fans may fall within budget.

Update your post to include full hardware specs and OS.

Add some details regarding your requirements. Could be workable but details matter.

RGB etc. is nice but never let form get in the way of function.
Hi thanks for the reply.
What i'm looking to also do is eye candy but yes also a good airflow. I'm all about the rgb lights! the more the better for me but yes i want it to be strong, fast and long lasting.
i'll list what i got so far here,
GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2060 GAMING OC PRO 6G Graphics Card, 3 x WINDFORCE Fans, 6G ,
CORSAIR Hydro Series, H100i RGB PLATINUM, 240mm, 2 X ML PRO 120mm RGB PWM Fans ,
GOLDEN FIELD Z21 PC Case Gaming Computer Case EATX/ATX/M-ATX/ITX Cases Mid Tower Case with Metal Frame & Tempered Glass Openable Side Panel ,
GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO WIFI LGA 1151 (300 Series) Intel Z390 SATA 6Gb/s ATX Intel Motherboard ,
CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 (PC4 2560 ,
Intel Core i7-9700K Coffee Lake 8-Core 3.6 GHz (4.9 GHz Turbo) LGA 1151 (300 Ser ,
If ya need pics let me know thanks for your help :)
btw the link to the case does not look like the one i got i'll put pic of it here.
https://ibb.co/pP50mfg

Ralston18

Titan
What PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition?

The real key is to read the documentation for all installed components and case.

Pay close attention to footnotes, fine print, references to manufacturer's websites.

Sketch out the build and create your own assembly plan step by step.

Very likely that there will be a number of caveats some of which will include fans and fan placement(s).

More fans does not necessarily mean good air flow. You can create dead spots (no air flow) that can then allow components therein to run hotter. Maybe not enough to initially cause problems but eventually the constant higher temperatures will degrade those components.

Case in pic looks great but note that they are showing a case with nothing in it.....

Once everything is installed that wide open look (and suggested airflows) will no longer exist.

Solution