[SOLVED] Using HDMI port with 1080p graphic card in 720p TV

Lukman Hakim

Honorable
Jun 21, 2014
Hello guys! I have a question.

I have a pc with AMD Radeon R9 280 with display setting at 1080p. And an old LG TV with 720p and have a hdmi port.

When I connect my pc to this TV with hdmi, first it show when in booting logo, but then it suddenly black.

I know, it because my pc are at the 1080p display setting, but my TV is just 720p.

So my question is, how can I use this TV with my pc? I don't mind running it in 720p. I just want first log in to my pc, and change the setting to 720p.

I tried to log in to safe mode, uninstall driver with another TV, and use my LG TV again eith no driver, install a new graphic driver, and BOOM! It goes black screen again after the install.

Btw I'm at win 10.

Please help🙏

Solution
You will need a monitor that can display the resolution you are set at, then lower to your other monitor.
If you have an Internal IGPU removing the video card may do it. Problem is that you need to see the screen to reset resolution.

Lukman Hakim

Honorable
Jun 21, 2014
Try booting to safe mode, you need the display resolution to be 720p only.
Thanks for the answer!

I did tried to go to safe mode with flasdisk bootable win 10 because in win 10 you can't go to safe mode with only press the F8.

When I go to safe mode, I think I can't setting the display resolution with the amd setting because in safe mode it just a default setting that you can't change.

Any other idea?

You will need a monitor that can display the resolution you are set at, then lower to your other monitor.
If you have an Internal IGPU removing the video card may do it. Problem is that you need to see the screen to reset resolution.

Solution