Question using homes cat 5e cables to connect PC (via ethernet) to router on the other side of the house

Jun 27, 2019
Router info:
DG-VG2300N by digisol

Connection info:
i believe its a ADSL connection

the cable on the left is the DSL line that goes to the router,My objective to to get the PC wired to the router without having to change position of either the router or the PC, so what i was thinking was that, there's already Cat 5e cables(i think the white ones ) going to each room, so if there is a way to use them as a substitute for a very long Ethernet cable.

You would need a cable that comes back from your routers location to this comms cupboard where you will need the cables terminated and plugged into a switch. The chances are you are using the only cable from the comms cupboard to where the router is located to carry the DSL to the router. Your best option is to move the router to the comms cupboard and install an AP where the router is.

i found a article,
http://www.groundcontrol.com/galileo/ch5-ethernet.htm

will a crossover cable work

You don't need anything fancy here, "CAT 5e" cables ARE Ethernet cables. 5e is the rating for the cables. Now some installations use Ethernet cables for phone use as well, it just uses less wires rather than the full 8. So you need to check over how your setup is wired.
You don't need a crossover cable.
You just need a standard network cable going from the jack to the router, can be a straight run with jacks at either end, can be a punched down to jacks cable.

Jun 27, 2019
Right, i have posted a photo of the setup,

basically at the main junction there are 5 cat cables, one of them is labeled IN,two of its strands are connected to the router via DSL . so what i have to do is find the cat cable that runs into my room, and crimp its two ends into a RJ-45 port,right?

Right, i have posted a photo of the setup,

basically at the main junction there are 5 cat cables, one of them is labeled IN,two of its strands are connected to the router via DSL . so what i have to do is find the cat cable that runs into my room, and crimp its two ends into a RJ-45 port,right?
IF one end of the cable is in your room AND the other end is where your router is located then yes! You really need to test them out to see where they are all run to. I suspect, as I said, that they have connected the incoming dsl service to an ethernet cable that runs to your router, and all the other cables are cabled to where you took the first picture which is where the router should be located!!