Using Huwaei HG532n as access point

tfeteha

Reputable
Dec 20, 2014
Hello All,

Im having a problems setting my huwaei HG532n router as an accesspoint and using a main router (cisco).

I connected the secondary router to the main router, opened its web interface and gave it an ip address within the main routers IP range..i gave it 192.168.1.53 and the main router ip is 192.168.1.1

I also disabled the DHCP option on the huwaei....

Now here is the issue...any computer connected through the huwaei does not get ip address from the cisco router...just gets some weird ip address thats not in any devices range and offcourse no internet connectivity...its like the computer can not see the cisco router as the gateway or DHCP server...in other words the huwaei is not really bridging....

Now when i set the ip settings on the computer to the huwaei manually and specefically the gateway (192.168.1.1),i can connect to the internet just fine...however i can open the web interface of the huwaei but not the cisco, altho im connected to the internet which means there is packets back and forth between me and the cisco...

i also attempted to setup the settings of the huwaei to create a WAN bridge connection, but it just gives the status as disconnected although the LAN cables are connected.

so what do you suggest guys...how can i have the huwaei act as a proper bridge and can view the Cisco as the DHCP server