[SOLVED] Using monitor with a DP-to-HDMI adapter is not working properly?

I-like-pies0495

Prominent
May 2, 2020
Bit of a weird one. Using a Samsung 7 series TV as my PC monitor which is mounted to the wall with all the cables embedded into the wall. Have a RX5700xt with the HDMI port damaged to the point where the cables are making such a loose connection. HDR isnt working too due to some broken pins. So i had the great idea of using a DP to HDMI adapter which works for the most part.

Where I'm having the issue is when the PC is either restarted or woken from sleep mode, I have no picture on the screen. I have to then plug the HDMI cable into the HDMI port until the PC has booted, then i can plug back into the adapter.

Haven't really tried much to solve the problem other than mess with some of the TV settings, like turn off HDR over the HDMI port on the TV and change some of the picture settings. Changed the resolution on the monitor in case it was a bandwidth problem but still getting exactly the same issue.

Any tips would be really useful. Thanks

Solution
I am not certain but the adapter might simply not be passing through the signal saying that it has woken up, try disabling the power saving option that turn off the screen after xxx period of time, and then put the PC to sleep and wake it up again.

TheJoker2020

Commendable
Oct 13, 2020
I am not certain but the adapter might simply not be passing through the signal saying that it has woken up, try disabling the power saving option that turn off the screen after xxx period of time, and then put the PC to sleep and wake it up again.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS