Question Using photos video editor app in windows 10, after splitting video file into multiple parts, I can not save them to computer

Feb 12, 2022
I am using Photos app video Editor app which is default windows 10 app.
I clicked on split option. File has been splitted into parts.
But, the problem is when I tried to export/save those splitted parts to my computer local drive, original file as it is saved/exported eventhough I selected splitted file while exporting.

Help needed:- I want splitted parts to be saved or exported to my computer on any drive. Please help. Thanks

Cj-tech

Admirable
Jan 27, 2021
I am using Photos app video Editor app which is default windows 10 app.
I clicked on split option. File has been splitted into parts.
But, the problem is when I tried to export/save those splitted parts to my computer local drive, original file as it is saved/exported eventhough I selected splitted file while exporting.

Help needed:- I want splitted parts to be saved or exported to my computer on any drive. Please help. Thanks
If I recall correctly, if you split a video into separate parts, you have to remove the other part from the video then export it. Whenever I split videos, I normally just trim the video and click “Save a copy.” This preserves the original video.

For example, if the video is 10 minutes and I only want two separate 3 minute sections from it:
  1. Open the file in Photos and choose the trim option
  2. Trim the first part that you want and click “Save a copy”
  3. Move the trim icons to the next part that you want and save another copy
I’ll then add any audio to the files afterwards.