using prime95 amd

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Run the default settings or choose small FFTs. Run for at least one hour while watching that temps don't go beyond their max for more than a peak now and then. If there are no errors and no cores stop, you are good... IMO. Some folks feel it necessary to run overnight or longer to prove stability. I'm not one of them.
If you need more info than that, that's what the readme.txt file is for.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
If it gives errors, you have an unstable OC. Or some other issue with your system. If you get errors or a core drops out when the system is at stock speed, you have other issues. How long did you run it? And was that at default settings?

JaymesD0ve

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2012
::Coughs:: I ran stress test after OC' at 3.0 ghz an got the error an the system is a AMD X2 Athlon 64 5000+ 4 gig of 800mhz NVidia GeForce 730 an the stock clock speed is 2.6

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

The it was probably letting you know you have an unstable OC.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

No. If it was unstable to the point you got a BSOD, you would have crashed. It simply did not pass the prime number generator at 100% CPU usage.

JaymesD0ve

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2012
hmm so I wonder how I can get this cpu to 3.4 ghz I watched CompUSA an they said they had it up to that point but had failure due to the stock heatsink but was stable at 3.0 ghz but if I cant hit up to that point then I'm in trouble because I am running the cpu with a cooler master hyper T4 an the voltage is set to 1.45