[SOLVED] Using two GPUs to do Blender rendering

Apr 30, 2020
Hi everyone, I just got another GTX 1070 ti for a total of 2 of them to speed up my cycles render in Blender. I have a few questions in regards to this.
  1. My PSU is this, https://pcpartpicker.com/product/g63RsY/evga-power-supply-120g10650xr. Will it be able to support two GPUs?
  2. I researched a bit and it seems like it's better to disable SLI when I render out scenes. I game as well so when I'm gaming, I'll have to switch SLI back on. So my question is: is there a quick way to do this on my PC? Can I configure this to be a one button toggle or something?
  3. Anything else I'd have to consider when rendering or gaming?

Thanks in advance,

Solution
1. Yes your PSU should be able to handle 2 cards

2. SLI in games is almost pointless nowadays. Few games on the market scale well and the number is shrinking due to lack of developers investing in it since multi GPU rigs account for a small percent of the market. As far as disabling it, no you will need to go into the nvidia control panel to enable or disable SLI, although you may be able to enable it per application launch. Im not really sure since as I said SLI sucks and its just better to buy a single more powerful card
1. Yes your PSU should be able to handle 2 cards

2. SLI in games is almost pointless nowadays. Few games on the market scale well and the number is shrinking due to lack of developers investing in it since multi GPU rigs account for a small percent of the market. As far as disabling it, no you will need to go into the nvidia control panel to enable or disable SLI, although you may be able to enable it per application launch. Im not really sure since as I said SLI sucks and its just better to buy a single more powerful card

Solution