[SOLVED] Using windows 8.1 key OEM version for the 3rd time.

Mar 3, 2023
Hi, so I bought a prebuilt pc with windows 8.1 oem version. In 2015, I was offer'd a free windows 10 upgrade and I accepted. Can't remember how that process went, anyway a few years ago I upgraded my MB and had to enter my 8.1 product key that is posted on a lil sticker on the side of my pc tower and it worked. I want to get an ssd and put windows 10 and use my product key, (question) will it be accepted again? Thx in advance.

Solution
Hi, so I bought a prebuilt pc with windows 8.1 oem version. In 2015, I was offer'd a free windows 10 upgrade and I accepted. Can't remember how that process went, anyway a few years ago I upgraded my MB and had to enter my 8.1 product key that is posted on a lil sticker on the side of my pc tower and it worked. I want to get an ssd and put windows 10 and use my product key, (question) will it be accepted again? Thx in advance.
If the system was fully activated with WIN 10, you did NOT need to do anything with your old 8.1 license.

A fresh install of Win 10 on a new SSD, in this same system, does NOT need any license thing.

Just reinstall, and it will activate itself when it goes online later.

During the install process, when...

USAFRet

Titan
If the system was fully activated with WIN 10, you did NOT need to do anything with your old 8.1 license.

A fresh install of Win 10 on a new SSD, in this same system, does NOT need any license thing.

During the install process, when it asks for the license key, Skip and proceed on.

Reactions: Username88
Solution
Mar 3, 2023

During the install process, when it asks for the license key, Skip and proceed on.
"Thank You" much appreciated.

USAFRet

Titan
"Thank You" much appreciated.

Reactions: Unolocogringo