Question UtechSmart Adapter - Unsupported USB-C Audio Error?

jawats

Reputable
Jan 1, 2019
I have Utechsmart 11-1 USB-C hub (seen here). It was working fine until an update to Windows (I think) sometime in December. Now, whenever I plug it in, I get a message that says, "Unsupported USB-C Audio Adapter" and it does nothing else. I've tried removing the device from DM, and restarting, etc. And, of course, there are no real drivers on the Utechsmart site.

Thoughts?

Lutfij

Titan
What is the make and model of your laptop? An SKU will help us two fold. You might want to see what your current BIOS version is for your laptop's motherboard. It's unclear what OS under Windows you're on but if you're working with Windows 10, please mention the version(not edition) of the OS. Have you tried reinstalling your laptop's chipset drivers, in an elevated command, i.e, Right clicking installer>Run as Administrator?

I do find it laughable that you can spend about 80USD on a hub like the one Utechsmart make and they don't have any drivers or a set of instructions, makes you wonder why you bothered spending in the first place.

D

Deleted member 14196

Check it on another computer. If it works idles you’re pc, usually a configuration issue.

you can also use system restore

jawats

Reputable
Jan 1, 2019
What is the make and model of your laptop? An SKU will help us two fold. You might want to see what your current BIOS version is for your laptop's motherboard. It's unclear what OS under Windows you're on but if you're working with Windows 10, please mention the version(not edition) of the OS. Have you tried reinstalling your laptop's chipset drivers, in an elevated command, i.e, Right clicking installer>Run as Administrator?

The laptop is a Dell G5 5505.

According to Dell Update, Windows Update, and (now) Driver Booster 9, everything is up to date, including the bios.

Windows 10 Education

Version 10.0.19043 (Build 19043)

SKU: 09FS

TRENDING THREADS