uTorrent kills my connection

urgeflaske

Reputable
Dec 24, 2016
Hi!
I recently discovered this problem. It looks like when downloading with full speed with uTorrent my internet disconnects, but only on the computer thats running uTorrent. The internet itself doesnt disconnect.

Does anyone know why this happens?

Solution
http://news.softpedia.com/news/uTorrent-Optimization-Guide-Simple-Tricks-for-the-Best-Performance-310202.shtml
The number of connections is the most essential part of the entire optimization process, as it controls the global maximum number of connections, the maximum number of connected peers per torrent and the number of upload slots per torrent. Power users are recommended to use a 200/50/4 configuration for around 4 or 5 active torrents (which can be further configured from the “Queueing” tab).

urgeflaske

Reputable
Dec 24, 2016
Its a norwegian ISP called Canal Digital. But the problem shouldnt be the ISP as its only the connection on my pc that gets killed. The internet still works for all other devices.

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador
Well I don't know why running it max speed would cause it to shut down, maybe a router or modem issue, possibly throttling if Norway allows that but I woul;d think that would only slow it down not shut it down.

All the ISP would have to do is block the port you are using for P2P, they don't have to shutdown your entire internet connection. But if it works at slower speeds I doubt that is the issue.

urgeflaske

Reputable
Dec 24, 2016
Sorry, i edited my post. I got disconnected again even after lowering the speeds.

But ISP blocking the port actually does make sense. Its a possible solution.

But again. Why is it so easy to connect again if they actually are blocking ports? All i have to do is disconnect and reconnect via the Network and Sharing option.

urgeflaske

Reputable
Dec 24, 2016
It disconnect even with 1 torrent active.

The strange thing is, this doesnt happen all the time. Yesterday i downloaded just fine with no issues. But it randomly occurs.

rgd1101

Don't
http://news.softpedia.com/news/uTorrent-Optimization-Guide-Simple-Tricks-for-the-Best-Performance-310202.shtml
The number of connections is the most essential part of the entire optimization process, as it controls the global maximum number of connections, the maximum number of connected peers per torrent and the number of upload slots per torrent. Power users are recommended to use a 200/50/4 configuration for around 4 or 5 active torrents (which can be further configured from the “Queueing” tab).

Solution
Feb 6, 2018
I have the same problem with Canal Digital, where my computers internet shuts down (only my computer, not the entire internet) whenever i torrent, i've only used bittorrent web, but to my knowledge i can't change the number of connections here, any other tips?

Sidenote: Whenever the internet shuts down, all i have to do is plug my wifi adapter out and back in, then it works again.