VADirect Prototype Gaming Machine Packs 4 GTX Titan Black

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zepid

Honorable
Jan 14, 2014
This article does a lot to mystify the process of plugging GPUs into a motherboard. What a hilariously ironic read for an article on Tom's Hardware.

_BigHead_

Honorable
Jun 4, 2013
Obviously its not anything i'd ever be able to afford on my current salary, but i suppose its like any luxory item right? if you save long enough, by the time you have enough money there will be something better ;)

Adroid

Distinguished
It would be interesting to see what a liquid cooled 4930K, pair of 780 ti superclocked, 840 Pro, and 16 GB of good ram would do vs that monster.

This system defines past the point of reason, and I bet the diminishing returns kick in massively.

I'm mainly curious because I think duo 780 Tis would give that system a run for it's money - at half the cost.

maruzen

Reputable
Apr 9, 2014
how to deal with the heat from 4 GPUs? the spacing is terrible and there isn't any liquid cooling for the cards.

IQ11110002

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2009
One titan is not enough! Might be ok for some of you with a cheapo 1080p screen it certainly isn't enough if you game properly on 1440p or 4k! I have 780 SLI and it aint enough for latest games cranked up to max above 1080p. As 1440p and 4k become more mainstream in next few years there will be a need for more performance wether its next gen cards or adding more to your current system, It's NEVER enough. ;)
One commenter is right on the money though, You do indeed need an aircon. I have a $2500 inverter aircon and it's mainly for the pc. lol
My room gets up to 10c hotter when gaming after a few hours. Hate to think of 4 cards you would need to do some modding to your room and duct the heat into wall cavity or ceiling otherwise it would be a case of 24/7 aircon if you have pc in small room/bedroom/study.

Haravikk

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2013
Okay, I get that the drives are probably a factor of the case, but why would you be bothered with up to ten drives? For a gaming rig I'd be fine with room for two, maybe four if I wanted to have mirrored SSDs and mirrored HDDs for the speed and redundancy benefits. Even so, for gaming 2.5" drives are fine and will fit almost anywhere in a case that size, leaving you free to pack as many big front fans as you can where the drives usually go.

Status
Not open for further replies.