Vaio P Designer Inspired by Mini Cooper

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I'd be happy if it could playback 1280x720p HD movies.
The 1,6Ghz was reported to only playback 720x480p,but the 1,3Ghz might have issues with this type of video.
It's a pretty good resolution for a screen,which is the least sony can do when seeing it's exaggerated pricetag for a (cheap) Atom based mininotebook/MID/whatever ultra small internet device this is.

I'm much more for 16/9 though. 1280x720 would probably be enough for most 'toys' like these, and would save on some cost.

Pitty they didn't go for the LED controller; but chose the old 'joystick' type of mouse instead.

dyingcat

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2008
A friend got one of these yesterday. Seems to play a 720 video file well enough, but stutters for YouTube's HD videos (cuz' they're flash?)
Texts will require magnifying glasses..

That trackpoint will be much liked by Thinkpad users like myself..Can't believe Lenovo released a netbook, and didnt put trackpointer on it.

longgoner

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2009
"It's not often, then, to hear the designer ... speak out on his inspirations and thought for a product." Take a look at http://www.sony.net/Fun/design/activity/product/index.html. About video playback, some Japanese reviews seem to indicate that it depends on the software you're using.

Status
Not open for further replies.