Question Valorant fullscreen fps glitch

Jan 6, 2024
Hello,

I have a relatively high end build: ryzen 5 7600, rx6750xt, 32gb ddr5 6000 mhz.

However, when I first downloaded valorant I was experiencing major fps drops and the client fps is stuck at 6fps. When I go into windowed view the fps then shoots up to 200+ (what I should be getting) and then drops to 9.

The game is essentially unplayable although it doesn't really feel like i'm actually playing on 9 fps however there seems to be something im missing thats causing this cap can anyone help?

*additional info*
Had to disable the integrated graphics to even run valorant in the beginning.
Have also tried rolling back drivers twice and no luck there either.
I spotted in the window display settings that my monitor is connected to "Microsoft basic display driver"
*additional info*

Colif

Win 11 Master
one suggestion is
As we mentioned, the Instant Replay feature is the first thing you should doubt if you have an AMD graphics card. This feature will impact performance identical to recording during gameplay, resulting in Valorant “Low Client FPS”.

Therefore, please click on the Radeon settings icon in the System Tray and then toggle off the Instant Replay feature to disable it.

After that, if you find the Valorant “Low Client FPS” error persists, then please disable the ReLive feature.
A few others here - https://www.minitool.com/news/low-client-fps-valorant.html

I spotted in the window display settings that my monitor is connected to "Microsoft basic display driver"
*additional info*
what screen does that show in? It might be a side effect of disabling igpu
do you have adrenalin installed?

what was problem installing Valorant with igpu drivers installed? I blame its anti cheat more than anything. Vanguard.

Last edited: