Valuram OCing

alex_ng

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2007
Can someone pls tell me what's the maximum OC I could do with my Kingston ValuRam Pc2-5300 sticks? my friend said i could go all the way to ddr2-1000! is that possible and have anyone tried it? :D

Can someone pls tell me what's the maximum OC I could do with my Kingston ValuRam Pc2-5300 sticks? my friend said i could go all the way to ddr2-1000! is that possible and have anyone tried it? :D

What speed are your sticks running at? There are a lot of factors involved, but PC5300 running at 1000 mhz. is definately extreme and not reachable with that RAM. Kingston Value RAM should overclock somewhat, but not 30%.

If you increase your FSB in small increments the Kingston Value RAM's speed will increase beyond 667 mhz. along with your processor. Just speculation on my part, but 700 mhz. or slightly better may be reachable. I would think 750 mhz. would be unstable and likely not bootable with Kingston Value RAM. Again, there are many factors involved. Hey, PM that Fatality guy! LOL!

wiz83

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2006
Kingston aren't great overclockers, especially those ValueRams.
My friend has the same module as you do, and he could only get it to run at around 700-710MHz, and couldn't even pass MemTest for 24 hours.