Valve Delays Portal 2 Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunflier

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
I can appreciate it when instead of releasing something thats not ready in time for Christmas sales they instead hold it to make it right.

scione

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2009
Well, I would rather have a game thats more polished, but dam I was looking forward to Portal 2 around christmas

squanto

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2010
IMO Valve delivers excellent titles with consistency, and I don't want that to change with Portal 2. Delay my friends, for I expect nothing but the best.

jrharbort

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
Gaben has to be one of the biggest trolls in gaming history at this point.

256wfpy.png

EDIT: Sorry, image appears fine on the forums.

thechief73

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2010
I dont mind "Vavle Time" Because you know that when it does come its going to be a darn awsome game, most like anything else valve touches.

Wouldnt it be nice it this delay was to alow for a Orange Box type of deal with the coveted HL2:EP3 and Portal 2 in one box of pure gamer joy?

[citation][nom]LuckyDucky7[/nom]How about some news on Half-Life 2 Episode 3 as well?[/citation]

I could only wish. Marketing has gabes mouth seald away and locked with two Keys. One is held by the GMan and the other by Gordon Freeman. Impossible to steal. I still want my vengance damn it.

As for the delay, not suprising. I think VALVe is the only game company that will delay a game if they feel it just isn't right. I'd rather them do that than rush it out like many other companies do.

Travis Beane

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2010
I want Portal 2, HL:EP3, Operation Black Mesa (Opposing Forces mod to HL2 graphics), Guard Duty (Blue Shift in HL2 graphics), and Black Mesa Source (HL1 in HL2 graphics).
Think we'll have at least one of them by the end of 2011? Half Life and Portal are certainly on my list of favorite games, so please, could you just make one tiny tear in Valve time? One man only lives so long!

tpi2007

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2006
When you play Valve games with the developer commentary on (worth playing the games all over again just for the sake of it), you can clearly see the dedication they all put into building masterpieces.

They care about what the game testers feel about specific details, and it transpires that most if not all Valve staff really like what they are doing, they feel the game as an entity and something deserving commitment. That's why Valve games are so good!

I would be lying if I said I don't mind the delay, but all in all, I prefer it like that! They will release it when it's ready and excels!

P.S.: Maybe we'll be treated to a big surprise in the form of Half-Life 2: Episode 3!

joex444

Distinguished
Well, now I just don't care anymore. What's the point of setting a release date if you can never achieve it? See, if they had originally stated the release as Christmas 2011 and pushed it up to April 2011 we'd all be happy. Instead we hate you.

Parsian

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2007
yeah dont mind the wait if im going to get a better product...

i hope they surprise the community by releasing it with Episode Three

[citation][nom]joex444[/nom]Well, now I just don't care anymore. What's the point of setting a release date if you can never achieve it? See, if they had originally stated the release as Christmas 2011 and pushed it up to April 2011 we'd all be happy. Instead we hate you.[/citation]

L4D and L4D2 both hit their release dates without any problems....

But would you rather have a rushed game or a great game?

Me, great game.

Status
Not open for further replies.