Valve Does Sign Lanuage for HL2: E3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sushi Warrior

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2008
Wow, +50000000 cookies for Valve. What a great idea, this will be a deaf gamer must have. I remember seeing a site with reviews of games for deaf people....

xc0mmiex

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2008
seems like the valve is at the cutting edge of game innovation and creating something much deeper and meaningful experience unlike some other game companies that are just trying to rake in a quick buck

7amood

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2005
OH NOOOOOOOOOO!!! >.<
should be on the title...
Now I won't have the 'waaaw' feeling when I play the game...

PISSING ME OFF!!

False_Dmitry_II

Distinguished
For actual deaf gamers it's called subtitles. They arent blind. I'm fairly certain the majority of games have that. I turn it on all the time, cause sometimes gunfire is too loud to hear the voices, or there's talking going on too far from the player to hear, but the subs show it anyway.

meatwad53186

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2009
@false_dmitry_ii

This isn't for deaf gamers,did you even read the article? It's about making a more believable, realistic, and enveloping experience out of the game, something many developers don't give two shits about these days.

amdgamer666

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2008
+1 @ false_dmitry_ii

The first thing that came to mind when I read this was, subtitles would make deaf people hear what's going on in the game. Still pretty interesting though

adrums63

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2005
Seems like they're putting a lot of thought into this EP, let's hope it lasts more than the 2hrs EP2 took to complete...

magicandy

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2008
I think if I were deaf, I would definitely opt for the sign language over plain old subtitles. I would imagine it would increase the atmosphere a bit.

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
I think Vavle should accept paypal debit accounts, not just credit. -_-
... They would have had my money (getting ready tp purchase, then I discover...).

I think people are kinda failing to see the point. Its not only to advance the game to a new group of players, yes there are deaf players out there, but its also to develop Alyx's back story.

If you remember, VALVe is huge on having a back story for all but of course Freeman and G-Man.

Think of when you played EP2 and the ending. How did you feel? (to those who beat it). Didn't you feel that remorse and anger all at once? VALVe just wants to deepen Alyx to a new level. I find nothing wrong with that as the HL series itself has a very deep story thats become more wide open with the OB but also has a lot of mystery to it, such as who the G-Man is or what happened to Freeman those 7 years.

salsoolo

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2008
im gonna need to re-play ep2 and probably ep1 to remember what happened, before ep3 is released xD

i seriously forgot the storyline.

day player

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2009
I was so hyped for E3 news about Ep3 I played the whole damn series again. Even "Decay". Then, pfffffft.

We have been so so starved for Ep3 news. Lest we forget Portal 2. Just make it worth the pains of withdrawl, Valve.

scrumworks

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
And this is the reason episode 3 is so delayed? They should implement something for the blind too to get 3 more years of development funding.

caskachan

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2006
[citation][nom]Sushi Warrior[/nom]Wow, +50000000 cookies for Valve. What a great idea, this will be a deaf gamer must have. I remember seeing a site with reviews of games for deaf people....[/citation]
YOu mean for GABE? :D

Thurin

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2008
[citation][nom]ahslan[/nom]Really? Is it really that hard to catch that typo?[/citation]

Not really, this typo is the reason why I opened the article in the first place.

I would have posted an editorial post about it, but alas, you beat me ahslan.

Anyhow... fix the typo guys!

Greetz,

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.