Valve Embraces OSVR, Adds OSVR Content Category And Identifying Icon To Steam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Specter0420

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2010
OSVR's HDK2 is great, it just needs someone that can program to fix the tracking. The hardware is there to track, it has IR LEDs all the way around the back but the software only sees the ones in the front and expects 3 on each side that are not there. Basically we just need someone to fix the open source software...

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador
If indulge my cynicism, I'd say they're trying to tie up more of the VR market before PSVR and MS can get a hold. While Vive doesn't have a low-cost option, they perhaps recognize that HDK2 has real potential and what they really care about isn't the hardware but that people get their VR content through Steam.

Here's a pretty glowing review of it (if, like me, you've growing impatient with Tom's for one... *hint* *hint*):

https://www.amazon.com/review/R32VP1Z15K5MBW/ref=cm_cr_dp_title?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B01HDUVIZ0&channel=detail-glance&nodeID=541966&store=pc

wifiburger

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2016
see when half life come out and they introduced Steam everybody said ok lets wait it out and now we tons of games available, that's great,but this VR is not going nowhere, waste of time !

negusp

Reputable
Jan 21, 2016
"Is not going nowhere"

You're very much right. VR is making leaps and bounds when it comes to use and application.

Status
Not open for further replies.