Valve Experiments with Left4Dead that Responds to Sweating

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirGCal

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
Ya, arousal... odd... But I enjoy both L4D games. Never sweat in either. Not sure where they are going with this. With my 3-monitor rig I can see eye movements being a possible useful thing though but... dunno bout the rest.

paladinnz

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2012

Arousal in psychology just means responding to stimuli, being ready to take action etc and has very little to do with bananas, unless maybe someone is throwing them at you.

nevilence

Distinguished
May 8, 2012
This would suck if your playing on a hot day, or if you were getting a BJ at the same time or something, character would start flipping out and all your trying to do is sell some loot to buy a sword

lpedraja2002

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2007
Wouldn't it be easier to start with a heartbeat monitor? Your heart rate or vitals could determine the amount of stress in your character, affect chance of dropping a mag while reloading, the accuracy of your gun while shooting a sniper or a rifle since your breathing heavier but I think we'd need an oxygen sensor for this lol.
I can imagine a game like Amnesia having these features in where if your character's stress gets out of control you'll either go insane or kill yourself. Oh man!

immanuel_aj

Honorable
Nov 28, 2012
What if I'm feeling utterly bored or unexcited when I'm playing a game? Can they change the game to become more exciting?! Once you've been playing games for over 10-20 years, a lot of it feels like something I've played before and not really exciting anymore.

cscott_it

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2009
It's interesting that this has resurfaced again. Valve has been doing testing like this for at least a year or so - what interests me is what is different between now and then.

godnodog

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2009
In the year 2000
- People will fart to lower scare levels in games. This will lead to bowels cancer as people will try and hold while playing games.

godnodog

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2009
In the year 2000
- People will fart to lower scare levels in games. This will lead to bowels cancer as people will try and hold while playing games.

Status
Not open for further replies.