Valve Finally Adds Option To Permanently Delete Games From Steam Library

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately, hoping to use the feature to remove titles such as Left 4 Dead 2 Beta is useless, as it bundles that title with the full game. Dumping the beta will cause you to permanently lose both the beta and full title. The same goes for other titles with useless beta entries in the games list. Does anybody at Valve actually use a feature like this before roll out? Sure, the feature may work correctly, but the implementation makes it's scope almost uselessly narrow.

vartec

Reputable
Dec 7, 2015

What I have done is create Steam Account for my kid and Family Share individual games. If it's on the same computer, you don't even need to reinstall.

Salt-City_Slasher

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2010
For someone like, the only thing I would use this feature for is to make my list a little shorter. But looking at comments they have a hide function

I would have prefered a sorting system like my wishlist, like my "currently playing" games in top area. I'd also like a "Completion" on the profile, cause hell no I'm getting all achievements on every game, and with so many indie games from humble, and supporting non-finished games, its hard to tell if I finished by looking at "hours played". I want a generalized "completion" percentage.

But I've never tried to take a key, use it without Steam, I guess permanently delete allows you to sell your keys. I would sell my extra games from Humble that I don't actually want. But I'm a collector, right now, our Steam account has 299 in library (see why sorting would be preferable).

We've setup a Steam stream to the entertainment room, so kids with no one around when a little old. I wonder if they have a pin for Mature games.

murn

Reputable
May 10, 2015
This really pleases me, since i've got some games I even wonder why I got them in the first place. dam steam sales.

I am personally glad I have always maintained a very orderly library with a bunch of favourites folders each with a specific category in mind.

The only time my library was cluttered was the first time I opened it.

Each time I purchase games on Steam I ensure to organise them immediately if I am planning to play them anytime soon. Otherwise I don't much care

Status
Not open for further replies.