Valve Hints to Half-Life 3; Calling it Ricochet 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Valve can't...can't count to three!!!!!!
1310516148484.jpg

Darkerson

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
I honestly dont care when they bring it out. Im sure whenever it does release, it will be awesome. Until then, there are plenty of other games to play!

hardcore_gamer

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2010
I hope it is HL3. We don't want another multiplayer game from valve; CS:GO will do for now.
I'd like to see a new engine or a huge improvement to the current source engine. Portal 2 graphics looked outdated although the gameplay was sublime.

IQ11110002

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2009
Half Life 3 please, And if it isn't then get to it anyway!
And don't cater to the console hardware first, Make it purely for the best pc tech out there and then filter it down to other markets, Not the other way around where we get some crap console port.

Middleman

Honorable
Feb 21, 2012
I'm 31, Gabe. I grew up with Half-Life. I was in high school when the original came out. At this pace, however, I'm going to be too GD old for video games by the time you release HL3, or Episode 3, or whatever the hell you're calling it now.

Stop dicking us around, and release the game already, while it's still relevant to your fans. Otherwise, move onto a new IP for the next generation of fans, and knock off the proverbial dicktease.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]Middleman[/nom]I'm 31, Gabe. I grew up with Half-Life. I was in high school when the original came out. At this pace, however, I'm going to be too GD old for video games by the time you release HL3, or Episode 3, or whatever the hell you're calling it now. Stop dicking us around, and release the game already, while it's still relevant to your fans. Otherwise, move onto a new IP for the next generation of fans, and knock off the proverbial dicktease.[/citation]

the day im to old for a video game is the day i die.

G

Top priority is to make sure that PC can handle Half-life 3 when it comes out! Must play it in all its glory!!!

G

@Middleman

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; We grow old because we stop playing."
~George Bernard Shaw

trumpeter1994

Honorable
Mar 27, 2012
looking at valve's development in recent years, I doubt they will be developing it for PC's. The source engine is getting a bit outdated, hopefully they can give it an update for HL3 and push the hardware. Then they can nerf it down and let whats left of it strangle the consoles to death. Although avoiding consoles altogether would probably be even better.

My Guess:

Obviously it will be a massive online multi player co-op in the same vane as Left 4 Dead. But you have to complete mini objectives to reach the next level (similar to mini missions in WoW). Gordon will be an outside character you can't play because he leads the co-op resistence. And we will be his freedom fighters.

It will be sad if they go that route.

stingstang

Distinguished
May 11, 2009
[citation][nom]Middleman[/nom]I'm 31, Gabe. I grew up with Half-Life. I was in high school when the original came out. At this pace, however, I'm going to be too GD old for video games by the time you release HL3, or Episode 3, or whatever the hell you're calling it now. Stop dicking us around, and release the game already, while it's still relevant to your fans. Otherwise, move onto a new IP for the next generation of fans, and knock off the proverbial dicktease.[/citation]
Lol....dicktease.
'Nuff said, then.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]greghome[/nom]The day I'm too old for video games is when I have Parkinsons and can't control my limbs properly....[/citation]

i would duck tape my hands to it, and live with the wrong button presses, would ad a new level of challenge.

wooodoggies

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2011
thats right dumbasses, just sit on your couch and wait for a video game. it is amazing how people will find something to make them useless.

RabidFace

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2009
I just don't care anymore.....about news that isn't giving an actual time frame. We all know HL3 or Episode 3 is in the works, but we all know how tight lipped Valve likes to be. So, all I'm doing is waiting patiently when they officially announce it. Hell, (for people that know) Black Mesa: Source will be out before either Episode 3 or HL3. I JUST WANT ONE RIGHT NOW DAMN IT! ;)

I will say, this will be the reason I build another computer. Haven't had a rig in quite a few years and my current laptop plays Source games. I also won't play Max Payne 3 till I have a rig again either. They are the two game IPs that should never see a controller. CoD I don't care about anymore, so that is saying something from me. It was also a sad day when I bought BF3 for my PS3.

beardguy

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2010
This doesn't really tell us anything, but it's "something" I guess. I say 2013 is when HL3 will release, just a guess.

Those Gabe pics are awesome. I have to say, I admire the guy because you can tell he doesn't give a shit what people think. It's like he just rolls out of bed and goes to lead one of the most successful gaming companies in the world.

frank_drebin

Honorable
Feb 29, 2012
[citation][nom]greghome[/nom]Half Life 3 Spoiler, Gabe will voice Gordon Freeman and much more.Spoiler :[/citation]
he looks well fed. Half-life isn't half bad as it sounds :)

druglesshippie

Honorable
Mar 17, 2012

Proverbial dicktease? We're talking about half life here.

razor512

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2007
Half life 3 is set to come out in the year 3000.

While there are high hopes for the game, we have to be mindful of the duke nukem forever effect where after a certain amount of time between releases, you get diminishing returns and eventually negative returns when the game just gets worst.

Status
Not open for further replies.