Valve Holds Steam Sale to Celebrate User-made Portal 2 Maps

Status
Not open for further replies.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
I wish they had a GAME SALE instead of in-store item purchase sale.
Although.. They have a lot of those each year anyway. :D

So either way, I can't complain.

Skyrim is on sale for 33% off. Portal 2 is also on sale for 66% off.

Logically team fortress 2 should be 99.9% off but I guess they rounded up to 100% since it is/has been free.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
i looked at skyrim, as im waiting for that to hit sub 20$ before i buy it, as i would only be buying it for mods at this point (little brother has it, i played his copy)

sadly its a 33% sale on it, so its still 40$

boju

Titan
Ambassador

youuuu cheap b@stard :D

Gundam288

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2011
[citation][nom]greghome[/nom]Maybe..........If EA actually have sales like this more often on Origin, more people would buy EA's games directly from them and Origin would be a success and EA would have less financial problems.......[/citation]
that, and no sales tax. also, no scanning hard drives would help as well.....

The only thing that is "OK" about origin is that for some reason I download faster from Origin than I do steam. other than that, the only reason I use it is because of Battlefield 3......

beardguy

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2010
The digital version of Skyrim should have launched at this $40 sale price. You're not getting a DVD, box art, instruction manual, or the cool map. Plus with the retail version you get the Steam version too.

I like Steam, but I think digital versions of games need to be at minimum $10 cheaper than their retail counterparts.

[citation][nom]alidan[/nom]i looked at skyrim, as im waiting for that to hit sub 20$ before i buy it, as i would only be buying it for mods at this point (little brother has it, i played his copy) sadly its a 33% sale on it, so its still 40$[/citation]

If there's a game worth 60 bucks, it's Skyrim. The game is enormous..well, I don't need to tell you guys. I'd buy it at $100.

But for a disc only, no steam connection.

Travis Beane

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2010
[citation][nom]buzznut[/nom]If there's a game worth 60 bucks, it's Skyrim. The game is enormous..well, I don't need to tell you guys. I'd buy it at $100.But for a disc only, no steam connection.[/citation]
Both Oblivion and Skyrim have been a great value for me, no matter the price. I've payed $60 for far too many games I've lost interest in only 4 hours. I've gotten over 100 hours in Skyrim, and I'm not done yet. Just like Oblivion, I'll wait a year and play it again fully modded.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
[citation][nom]beardguy[/nom]The digital version of Skyrim should have launched at this $40 sale price. You're not getting a DVD, box art, instruction manual, or the cool map. Plus with the retail version you get the Steam version too. I like Steam, but I think digital versions of games need to be at minimum $10 cheaper than their retail counterparts.[/citation]

It will never happen this way, once we see a major push to try to weed out retail copies what will be the phase to do so won't be cheaper digital price per-say instead we will see a increase in retail copies price while digital simply remains the same. Price bullying will be used to convert the masses.

Also believe it or not you will likely find the best sales on physical copies. Physical copies take up space and space is a limited thing with new things always coming in. This leaves a more need to sell and to sell ASAP. When the complete digital media age happens expect prices to be fixed for much longer and less awesome sales like Steam gives us now.

[citation][nom]beardguy[/nom]The digital version of Skyrim should have launched at this $40 sale price. You're not getting a DVD, box art, instruction manual, or the cool map. Plus with the retail version you get the Steam version too. I like Steam, but I think digital versions of games need to be at minimum $10 cheaper than their retail counterparts.[/citation]

Price is controlled by the publisher, not Steam. And most of the time they give some digital goodies with it.

And still, Skyrim, Portal 2 and TF2 were all worth their original purchase price.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]buzznut[/nom]If there's a game worth 60 bucks, it's Skyrim. The game is enormous..well, I don't need to tell you guys. I'd buy it at $100.But for a disc only, no steam connection.[/citation]

i didnt play morrowind when it was new becuase i didnt have a good enough computer, and xbox version sucked, so i cant attest to its non modded playability at this point.

oblivion the only way to make that game playable for me was to mod the crap out of it, and even than, wasnt that great.

skyrim, they got to the point where i can play the game unmodded and have fun, but i don't want to do every quest. i beat the game, did most of the interesting side quests, and im more or less done, only thing left would be screwing around with mods.

and im looking at these games from a standpoint of having played games where skill matters. i can play a skill based game just because its fun, but from what i know, in all bethesda games, making the games harder doesn't make the ai harder, it just makes them do more damage and you do less, which i despise as a make the game harder method.

if they want me to want to play the game just as a test my skill. give me a game where every shot counts. where you have to block, a level 1 can kill a level 50 with knowing how to attack...

i will never get that kind of game from them, that lends a huge amount of gravity to the combat, but at least some of the mods are cool and i want to check them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.