Valve Intros Game Hubs, TF2 Co-op Mode Mann vs Machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

teh_chem

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
I'm not really digging the "social networking" aspect of these changes. I like how Steam marries digital distribution of games with the option for good networking of "game friends." But this description feels very much like a Reddit-approach. Reddit is a great place for lots of stuff, but I wouldn't necessarily like Steam (and steam services) to be like it. Of course we'll have to wait to see what it yields.

And yeah, as ^^^ said, MvM sounds...I dunno... One thing's for sure though, I was happy when servers started blocking access from the F2P folks.

Strange, I could have sworn I made a comment here already earlier on this article; it's gone.

I think it's pretty cool that the route their going, Steam is really evolving, it's changed a lot from what it was some years ago.

It would be cool if they added a feature to do live streams off your profile through the steam overlay, or something along those lines.

mrpijey

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2009
"...with the opportunity to upgrade abilities and weapons along the way. Players must band together to survive all of the robot waves in a variety of missions to earn incredible loot and unlock new achievements."

Which when translated from Valve-speak means "upgrade abilities and weapons WITHOUT ANY EFFORT OR SKILL along the way. Players must band together to survive all of the robot waves in a variety of missions to earn LAME NEW HATS AND SHIT and unlock new CHILDISH achievements THAT DOESN'T GIVE ANY ADVANTAGES AT ALL."

Thanks but no thanks, you Valve destroyed TF2 when it was at its best with all the shit you added to it and I will not ge sucked into a new game which you will equally destroy to pull in more 9 year olds into the game by adding needless shit such as hats and crap and weapons that makes absolutely no sense.

amkronos

Honorable
Jun 15, 2012
Black Ops Zombies was and continues to be the most fun I ever had in a FPS. Good to see TF2 take on a similar mode with Machines.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
survival modes have never really been my thing, but I might check this one out. the most recent tf2 mode was dissapointing for me(mainly because of the 1 map where mini sentries were massively op). i hope this one is better.

internetlad

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2011
I'd rather get EP3 but depending on what this MvM mode is, I just might get back into TF2.

All the new weapons really killed it for me. Spend years perfecting your class skills, only to get 1shot by a random huntsman arrow or direct hit rocket that was aimed for somebody else.

And that goddamn charge n' targe. I'm amazed they never nerfed it.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
yeah alot of the new weapons are outright stupid. valve should spend a bit more trial and error before releasing weapons like they do. alot of loadouts like the pomsom gunslinger engi are ridiculously overpowered. now I believe that after this update, rather than continue adding weapons, they should work on rebalancing classes.

also about that one complainer. we all want hl3, but theres no need to be act like a pissy brat every time they announce something that is hl3. and alot more fans of valve games are looking forward to more tf2 news than youd think. hl3 is done when its done, and valve has no doubt been working on it. just sit and wait for the undeniably polished game that will come, eventually.

teh_chem

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
Was playing TF2 last night when people started mentioning in chat about how you have to BUY TICKETS to play MvM games--a buck a piece.

What a disappointment from the otherwise-impressive results from Valve...

Status
Not open for further replies.