Valve Launches Steam Trading Cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

internetlad

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2011
what, hats in TF2 aren't enough?
Dimes to dollars they'll run this for a while and then start "charging" for "expansion packs" that contain rare cards at like 10 bucks a pop.
Gayben needs money to keep PC gaming alive. . . well that and sandwiches I guess.

Gamer_Pollution

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2011

Well, somehow they need to find the money to pay for the Heavy's minigun bullets. I heard it costs $400,000 to fire it for 12 seconds. And don't get me started on the Sandvich's...

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
i like the idea of the cards. I personally wont be scavenging around for any cards, but I see the potential in it becoming a hobby for some people. I wonder what cupons and DLCs can be obtained. surely valve is gonna troll non-card traders some day with an epic deal only users with full sets can buy. seems interesting enough.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008

see, i wish i can agree with you, but i can't.

any of those features don't REQUIRE YOU TO PLAY THE GAMES THEY SELL. they are simply an additional thing gamers can do to play and have fun. it's a little predatory on the people that don't know how to manage their money or their time of course, but it doesn't even give them a lead! the people themselves have created the hat economy, so blame them and not newell.

i welcome any idea they bring to the table as long as it's not required to have fun

frelled

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2011
The only question I have is does this get us closer to HL3? No....well then I would rather sit around and smell my own farts. Seriously starting to lose my patience on this one.

The in-progress badges got updated so now you only see a set of cards as in progress if you have at least one. It's nice not having unfinished badges because I sold some cards from one game to make a full set for another.

Status
Not open for further replies.