Valve May Release... A Submarine Game?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bonezy

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
The last submarine game I played was while I was serving onboard SSN-720 USS Pittsburgh, on a laptop in the crew's mess... it was Sub Command for win95 i think. Sometimes I miss being a sonarman on that fast attack, and at other times I'm glad I don't have a 3-section duty to deal with nowadays. I still look on my dolphins with a sense of pride, and probably always will.

schmich

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
[citation][nom]jimmysmitty[/nom]HL2: EP3 will probably be just mind blowing and worth the wait.[/citation]
You mean probably have mind blowingly old graphics?

Travis Beane

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2010
Stephen King's Gunslinger and Valve's Half Life, I believe, are a perfect match. They show what can be done with a little (or a lot) of patience.
Hopefully The HL series doesn't also take over 20 years to finish though. But we'll wait if we have to.

hardcore_gamer

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2010
[citation][nom]jimmysmitty[/nom]They have a team dedicated to EP3 and are working on it. My guess is they want it to be the perfect close to the HL2 series.[/citation]

Close ?? I want HL series to continue :(

The first Valve game I ever bought was half-life. I started playing it and like a good but I couldn't stop. I thought about it all the time until I started playing again from where I left off. I told all my friends about it. They all ended up buying it eventually. It just continues from there... HL2, Ep 1, Ep 2, Team Fortress classic, TF2, Left for Dead, LFD 2, and of course my college years playing counter-strike. Love thier games and really looking forward to what will come out next!

egmccann

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2010
/agree with subwar 2050 - Unique game, would love to see something like it for modern systems.

That said, I'd like to see just what Valve does with a submarine game. They're quite different - it may actually appeal, in some ways, to some of the shooter crowd, at least those who look for a Thief-like experience. Bring it on!

egmccann

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2010
/agree with subwar 2050 - Unique game, would love to see something like it for modern systems.

That said, I'd like to see just what Valve does with a submarine game. They're quite different - it may actually appeal, in some ways, to some of the shooter crowd, at least those who look for a Thief-like experience. Bring it on!

chaoski

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2010
I don't care about submarine, I don't care about Episode 3....what I do care about is the HL3 engine!!! And especially Day of Defeat version of it!

retrig

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2010
[citation][nom]hardcore_gamer[/nom]Close ?? I want HL series to continue[/citation]
He said HL2 series, not HL series.

alienzander76

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2010
The first Valve game I ever bought was half-life. I started playing it and like a good but I couldn't stop. I thought about it all the time until I started playing again from where I left off. I told all my friends about it. They all ended up buying it eventually. It just continues from there... HL2, Ep 1, Ep 2, Team Fortress classic, TF2, Left for Dead, LFD 2, and of course my college years playing counter-strike. Love thier games and really looking forward to what will come out next!

Very true and mirrors my experiences. They could make a game called "Turd Slingin" and I'd buy it and love it. The Valve guys are great and can truly make innovative games. Keep it up guys

Status
Not open for further replies.