Valve Wants EA's Games Back on Steam

Status
Not open for further replies.

giovanni86

Distinguished
May 10, 2007
Steam overall is well known in the PC community. Love it or hate it, its the best out there. I feel as if steam should have every known PC game ever made on there. Well that's what i want in the future, every PC game ever released on it. I can dream right =D

nisallik

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2008
Hopefully EA can work out something with Steam to make it work and maybe something they finally come to agreement will hopefully decrease the cuts Steam take from DLC. Which means more money for the developers that make them. ;p

alyon

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2009
I wonder how large large of a fee it is to have games on steam. I'm guessing they probably just charge an upfront fee then a servicing fee for everything after than.

JasonAkkerman

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2008
[citation][nom]Markon101[/nom]I won't buy anymore of EA's games if they don't come back to Steam.[/citation]
I wish I could say this too, but I really want to play Battlefield 3.

irish_adam

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2010
[citation][nom]Markon101[/nom]I won't buy anymore of EA's games if they don't come back to Steam.[/citation]

Yeah tbh i'm too lazy to sign up and install another client, especially from EA

G

If a game isn't on Steam then I don't know about it... and the company will not get my money for it :)

Except for SW: TOR of course!

restatement3dofted

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2010
I'd like to see EA games return to Steam, as I absolutely refuse to use EA's Origin service - when it was first released, it wouldn't allow me to install the client on my storage drive. Fastest way to guarantee that I won't use your product: try to force me to install it (and all of its associated programs) on my SSD. If that's been fixed, I'll consider it, but until then, all they get from me is a middle finger.

guardianangel42

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2010

I highly doubt that. Unless all you play is Call of Duty and Assassin's Creed, too many good games come out of EA for you to just abandon them over this.

ME3, BF3, Madden, and more come out of that studio.

At least for me I could never go without ME3, ever. Good thing I'm buying it for Xbox though, he he.

hoofhearted

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2004
SC2 (Blizzard) wasn't on Steam. Maybe there should be an "open standard" developed as a collective among these companies that addresses the issue of original title, patches, DLC, release date, encryption, portability to another PC, protection, etc. The Steam Client excels in all of these areas, so I see Valve owning the bearshare of this.

G

I think all the PC players are done with Need for Speed series after the Shift2 fiasco. Need for Speed will for now on only be a console game where it will have to compete with the in-house groups producing Gran Tourismo (PS3) and Forza (MSFT).

brandonjclark

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2008
host the games on Steam or I won't buy them. Host them on Steam and I might buy them several times for myself and friends.

GOT THAT, EA?!?!?! Does that create VALUE for you?

xjchcxx

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2010
[citation][nom]irish_adam[/nom]Yeah tbh i'm too lazy to sign up and install another client, especially from EA[/citation]

I see no improvements from the first Download Manager.. it's the same strategy Microsoft employed by creating internet explorer, killing netscape, and forcing us all to 'use' it because it came on our windows machine. Companies like us to be loyal to them, and they'll force it on us if they can – after all, the need our cash.

pocketdrummer

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
I used to be a huge Steam advocate... until they repeatedly screwed me with their atrocious customer service. I've contact both companies a few times for support. Valve has NEVER helped me in 5 separate tickets. EA, on the other hand, has gone great lengths to help me and even gave me $20 towards a game as compensation.

Frankly, if Steam support continues to be this horrible, I wouldn't mind buying games on Origin for peace of mind alone.

G

the reason most gamers don't have it is because of their broadband . most gamers in the world don't even have 1 mbps downstrean

jackbling

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2011
how could they possibly whine about dlc profits..............look at the total cost for a game like dragon age plus dlc.

I have just been writing off this pulling games from steam thing as EA just being EA, and not caring about their user base; DLC is a cash grab, and once upon a time was free.

Has anyone ever purchased a DLC and felt it was worth every penny?

Gotbeef

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2007
I've pre-ordered BF3 (DVD) because I think its gonna be a awesome game. But I'm not gonna use ea's origin software. I think EA is making a big mistake not putting there games on Steam. There has been sporadic times times that I wanted to buy a EA game but didn't just because they didn't have it on Steam. And I'm not going to the store or buy it off Origin.

zaximus777

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2011
I Refuse to buy anymore EA Games I don't like Origin and it makes things more difficult and frustrating you have a million different game accounts and a million different passwords and Origin is lacking in a lot of area's I like Steam it is "Great" user friendly no worries everything is taken care of automatic updates and fixes all my friends are there Great values and Deals none of my friends are on Origin and don't want to join and I love Ea titles but if they don't return to Steam I will just sack buying or playing any of their titles.EA has been in my Black book anyway by not making NHL titles available for PC anymore like what the @#$$ is up with that way to go EA Thanks.

Since when did people start caring more about how to get a game then the games themselves? I personally couldn't care less of where the game comes from as long as it's good. There is also an option to buy a hard copy usually as well. lol.

On DLC...If a game wants to release DLC it should be done in the form of an expansion. Then it would have to be something that adds alot of value to the game for exsisting users, and at the same time draw in new customers to prolong the games life. The $10 for barely anything is just BS, because now companies are trying to charge money for stupid stuff like skins, a few maps, or 10-15 mins of extra campaign. You all know damn well that alot of this stuff is allready sitting on a flash drive somewhere when the game gets released so they can milk money off it a month later. OR a game gets released not completely finished and buggy, and completed/fixed with DLC later on. Stupid stuff indeed.

mrwal3

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2011
[citation][nom]Gotbeef[/nom]I've pre-ordered BF3 (DVD) because I think its gonna be a awesome game. But I'm not gonna use ea's origin software. I think EA is making a big mistake not putting there games on Steam. There has been sporadic times times that I wanted to buy a EA game but didn't just because they didn't have it on Steam. And I'm not going to the store or buy it off Origin.[/citation]

Dude its likely they will force you to use Origin to activate the game!

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
[citation][nom]Gotbeef[/nom]I've pre-ordered BF3 (DVD) because I think its gonna be a awesome game. But I'm not gonna use ea's origin software. I think EA is making a big mistake not putting there games on Steam. There has been sporadic times times that I wanted to buy a EA game but didn't just because they didn't have it on Steam. And I'm not going to the store or buy it off Origin.[/citation]
bad luck dude, EAs shoving origin down your throat too. Even the retail requires origin to be played along with something like battlelog/autolog dont remember. 2 cpu and bandwidth eating apps need to be used to be able to play BF3, that how much EA hates us.

Im not really interested in BF3, after playing TF2 for the last year, I dont find military FPS games fun at all, but that might be just me. The only EA gameId like to buy in the future is mass effect 3, and probably wont buy it if it isnt on steam.

pooflinger1

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2006
Wow. What a bunch of whiney babies. EA did not pull off of steam because they wanted to create a competing service. They pulled off of steam becase STEAM screwed up. Not EA. Steam was trying to force them to do things their way, and their way only. EA was willing to do things their way, but not have their way the only way. They wanted to give their customers OPTIONS instead of having to get everything through a single content provider.

You people that keep saying that you're not buying it if it isn't on steam need to get a grip. Steam caused it to not be on steam. Not EA. And you can't compare a service that has been available less than a year, to one that has been around for over 10. Of course origin is not on the same level as steam. It takes time to mature.

Status
Not open for further replies.