Valve Wants to Make PC a Better Entertainment Platform

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
A PC with Windows is already a better entertainment platform - plays all your Steam games and non-Steam games, runs all the video services and music and internet and everything everything everything everything EVERYTHING else - there is nothing that SteamOS does that Windows can't do more of

wysir

Honorable
Aug 9, 2012

It keeps an extra $100 or so in your wallet. =)

Nope. It would require running additional cat5e/cat6 cables - you can't just lump extras in with the network cable, nice as that would be.

The biggest point of this is that it's trying to bring more games to linux. Also, I don't know why you keep insisting that my computer can't let me work while it's rendering a game in the background - that's absolutely incorrect; I have more than enough power for it.

And THIS is why you're a troll... you took part of my post that was explaining why my computer would still be able to work fine while streaming... and said that my argument was invalid because it's not a typical user scenario? What?

I agree that steam OS needs a lot of users to encourage linux gaming to take off, but that's an unrelated point.

Status
Not open for further replies.