Valve: We Have a Surprise For You!

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

F counter strike. Even with the Beta achievements it doesn't hold a candle to MW or BF series. I'd much rather see HL2 ep3 or HL3.

G

There is already a remake mod in progress for HL1. It's called Black Mesa:
http://www.blackmesasource.com/

tommysch

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
[citation][nom]darkops[/nom]F counter strike. Even with the Beta achievements it doesn't hold a candle to MW or BF series. I'd much rather see HL2 ep3 or HL3.[/citation]

MW, are you kidding?? BFBC2 is good, we even have a server for it but CoD6 is a generic console FPS by all standards. No decent hardcore player would waste a second on that, I bought the game and I ended up uninstalling it after a month. I dont even need HDD space, its just to crappy to deserve a place on my PC.

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
[citation][nom]toalan[/nom]L4D3, yessssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/citation]

why this guy get thumbs down , it was a dman good joke if you ask me

on anotehr note what if teh big suprise is bigger than you folsk think what if theya re annoucing teh source engine 2 and half life 3 instead of an episode 3 ???

digitalraine

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2010
Honestly - I don't give a crap what they present - I'll be watching the trailors shortly thereafter for both... but I am happy that both will be launching. If they were to delay Portal 2 in light of the new game then that would suck, but getting 2 big releases is better than 1 regardless of what they keynote shows.

G

i hope it will be the half-portal-gunman-chronicles3.14-blueshift-TF2.2-opposingforce-cs2.1-manbearpig episode 3. :D

bildo123

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2007

But would you be surprised? I wouldn't think so as that would be the second time they would pull such a stunt. Still waiting for 2 to be <$20 before buying it.

G

What could be bigger? If Half Life 2 Episode 3 had the portal gun in it.

unrealpinky

Distinguished
May 24, 2010
[citation][nom]TommySch[/nom]One can only not care... No driver, no gaming.[/citation] Obviously you haven't used linux recently. nVidia as been releasing very good drivers for linux and while ATI's are not as good they are definitely better than they were a year ago. The lack of Linux gaming is more due to a lack of openGL support and the fact that it has lagged behind DirectX in features.

Status
Not open for further replies.