Valve's Steam Music Player Finally Out Of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Used it for a bit to test.

I think i will still be sticking to Winamp since it plays everything, has a hardware accelerated(OpenAL for Audigy/X-fi users) audio plugin to bypass the windows mixer and works well with my Logitech keyboard media keys. It is still a great idea and faster(unless you use fake fulls screen in games) than alt tabbing to change songs.

At current I think they are just providing mp3 files with no DRM.

It is more of a feature to have one less thing running or more integrated into steam. The more they add, the more users will have with steamOS out of the box.

Pikime

Honorable
Nov 30, 2013
My media keys don't affect games at all and cut straight through to iTunes meaning i have music and control over it already so this doesn't seem worth it just yet. but if they added in home streaming of music like they do their games then that would be different

ALANMAN

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2006
Does it have FLAC support? Not all of us use MP3s. I might consider using it if it can 'play everything." Otherwise, Winamp suits me just fine.

I think the in home streaming does work for that.
It was in the FAQ
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/steammusic/discussions/1/558746995181234479/

xXDahChubChubXx

Honorable
Aug 26, 2013
I think they should make it so it lists songs as an option like albums and artists is and when the song is playing having a progress bar so you can see where the song is up to and so you can jump through the song.

Status
Not open for further replies.