Various problems leading to "no operating system found" error on boot

Sep 26, 2018
Hi, I'm completely stumped on this problem with my PC and require help. I'm having to make this post on mobile so i apologise beforehand for the potential shit formatting.

specs

Cpu: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 3.20ghz

Mb: B350M Gaming Pro (ms-7a39)

Ram: Corsair ddr4 2x4gb 2400mhz

GPU: AMD R9 380 4GB MSI

Optical drive: HP DVD Writer 1260v

SSD(with windows 10): Samsung 840 EVO 120gb

HDD: ST500DM002-1BF142 500GB

PSU:

Basically my problems first started with blue screens with the error message "critical process has died" that would occur every few days and then i noticed that the windows defender antimalware services was taking up 70% of my CPU. I first thought this was the reason of my blue screen. However, my windows was acting really strange along side as certain programs were playing up and i couldn't access and change certain options in windows. Also windows prevented me from installing new anti virus software to stop the windows defender services as "the admin had blocked me from using this software" and no fixes would work. I had to access the hidden admin account to install the other anti virus software to stop windows defender from being active and causing my CPU to be at max load. However, this allowed me to install the anti virus software but i couldn't open/use it.

Unfortunately, this did not stop the blue screens, infact they started happening multiple times a day leading me to believe it was a malware problem. My ssd would also spike to 100% disk usage often just before these blue screens or when I would tried to virus scan using windows defender previously.

Side note: a few weeks ago my ssd kept randomly spiking to 100% and causing pc to slow but this issue was resolved. No bsod occured though.

Then, i started blue screening on boot leaving me on a loop with the same "critical process died" error even in safe mode. Then I tried everything such as fixing the MBR and updating the system through the console on the windows troubleshoot menu. It wouldnt let me system restore or reset either for some reason.

After trying to fix the boot for hours with no luck eventually i was greeted with the "An operating system wasn't found. Try disconnecting any drives that don't contain an operating system. Ctrl+alt+del to restart" error. Since then I've tried things such as changing the boot modes, boot orders, secure boot, etc but nothing works. Also, my PC wont boot my dvd drive with windows 10 install disc to reinstall windows, it just provides me with the message "enter install media then press a key" message over and over. Ive tried reconnecting every wire, changing sata cables and slots but nothing works.

I was initially under the impression that it could potentially be a damaged ssd but now I'm not so sure as my dvd drive won't boot properly either (baring in mind the bios recognises all my boot devices fine). Therefore i doubt its my motherboard that's the issue and also its only a few months old.

Essentially, i have windows 10 on my ssd and windows 10 install disc in my dvd drive yet nothing boots. I am also unsure if the initial problems with my blue screens and cpu/ssd usage spikes have any implications on what the issue is.

m7mod

Distinguished
Use the windows 10 install tool to download the latest windows 10 into a flash drive (Done from a separate computer), go to the bios and changing your default boot drive as the flash drive you just installed windows 10 on (since it's not booting from your optical drive) and make a clean install of windows 10 hopefully this will fix it if it was a software problem.

Windows 10 tool >> https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=691209
How to install windows 10 to a flash drive >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOUjiIsC5T4
How to boot from a flash drive (msi motherboard should have the same bios) >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvURXdKjoKE
PS sorry for the janky indian tutorials, they seem to know what they're doing lol.