Question VBoxDrv BSOD while gaming

Hoggster99

Reputable
Mar 8, 2017
Hello, so over the course of 5 months or so, every so often one of the games i play crashes and i get a blue screen. Problem is, my computer doesn't generate a Memory dump file for some reason. Now lately it has been happening more and more and it's getting really flipping annoying. 2days ago a dump file was finally created, but i don't know if it has to do with the other BSOD. Either way, i examined the file and it says the driver VBoxDrv.sys may be corrupted. My question is: should i just delete the file? and if so, how do i do this because when i try to delete it, it always tell me it's open in another file even though nothing else on my pc is open.

May 27, 2019
It only happens when playing that specific game?

And I would not delete a driver file without proper diagnosing.
Have you checked out if you don't have any malware or something?

Hoggster99

Reputable
Mar 8, 2017
It only happens when playing that specific game?

And I would not delete a driver file without proper diagnosing.
Have you checked out if you don't have any malware or something?
No it happens only when playing games. I play League of legends, CSGO, Overwatch, Apex legends,... and it happens on all of those. Some games for than others.
I've checked everything to do with BSOD. updated drivers, ram check, scan check, malware check, nothing seems to be out of the ordinary.

May 27, 2019
Uninstall Virtualbox (as VBoxDrv is from it) and see what happens.
I don't really think it's this, but it may be some software conflict between GPU drivers and Virtualbox, and better to check anything before jumping to conclusions.