Question Veeeeeeeeery long booting time

May 24, 2023
Hi,

Specs:
CPU: HexaCore Intel Core i7-8700K,4300 MHz (43 x 100)
Cooler: Air cooler
Mobo: AsRock Taichi Z 370
Ram: G.skill TridentZ RGB F4-3200C 16-8GTZR (8GB x 4)
SSD: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1tb
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050TiPSU
PSU: Corsair RM850x

Hi,

I really need a help to find out how to setup my motherboard because my booting time is insanely long. Even when I try to get to UEFI setting (F2 / DEL) is taking about 55 seconds. I cannot explain everything because it will take to long and because of this, I’m sending pictures of my setting. Like You will see I did a little overclock, but I think that this is not a reason because already I have this problem before overclocking.
It's start to be big problem. I'll really appreciate for any help.
BIG thanks in advance !!!
P.S.
Sorry for quality of some images but it was not easy to make them always sharp.
https://postimg.cc/gallery/RHxTGVv

Last edited:

DaleH

Prominent
Mar 24, 2023
Hi,

Specs:
CPU: HexaCore Intel Core i7-8700K,4300 MHz (43 x 100)
Cooler: Air cooler
Mobo: AsRock Taichi Z 370
Ram: G.skill Ripjaws TridentZ RGB F4-3200C 16-8GTZR (8GB x 4)
SSD: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1tb
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050TiPSU
PSU: Corsair RM850x

I really need a help to find out how to setup my motherboard because my booting time is insanely long. Even when I try to get to UEFI setting (F2 / DEL) is taking about 55 seconds. I cannot explain everything because it will take to long and because of this, I’m sending pictures of my setting. Like You will see I did a little overclock, but I think that this is not a reason because already I have this problem before overclocking.
It's start to be big problem. I'll really appreciate for any help.
BIG thanks in advance !!!
P.S.
Sorry for quality of some images but it was not easy to make them always sharp.
Try eliminating startup programs, one at a time.

Reactions: Why_Me
May 24, 2023
Hi,

It is not about starting programs (pc is stuck long time in first screen before to get another screen with moving dots to get to the Windows), because, as I said in the previous post, even when I want to go to UEFI settings, I have to press F2 or Delete button, sometimes more than 4 minutes, I think it should not be like that. I sent these images because I tried to configure something in UEFI settings, but I don't know well this stuff perfectly like a professional and certainly I set something wrong. I know that I should not set it myself, but unfortunately sometimes I made mistakes.:)

Last edited:
I always start troubleshooting with the RAM. Try it on 1 stick and see what happens, then on 2. Every time I've had a motherboard that won't post or is slow, it's been a RAM issue.

Edit, I should've asked about the XMP profile your using for the RAM, often a motherboard struggles if it's set too high (even with the out of the box XMP settings), try turning it off and seeing if that's the issue.

Last edited:
May 24, 2023
Hi,
Ok, I checked Ram one piece by one. All of them are ok. Later I tried to switch off XMP profile. Nothing changed.
Time in Bios is actual time.
P.S.
I sent this images because I though that maybe in UEFI setting is some small thing wrong which causes this problem.

start unplugging things from mainboard, that is hdd, usb, addin cards including GPU.
just have mainboard, cpu,psu,single stick of ram, and only keyboard, perform CMOS reset by shorting clr_cmos jumper when PSU is powered off and discharged

then boot it up, after cmos reset first boot might take a while as memory needs to be trained, but once you get uefi image, try entering BIOS and see how long it takes from pressing F2/DEL to enter it, if time will be short, them start connecting unplugged things back one at a time until it slows down, to find out which one is doing it
but if its already slow even with bare minimum and with cleared CMOS, then that would point to some device which is on mainboard is bad

May 24, 2023
Hi,

Guys, foremost, I'm really very grateful for your help. Without you, I wouldn't know what to do in such a situation.
Any way, my BIOS time is 10.8 seconds. I was doing everything what You told me but nothing was to change. I was in big stress, I made one day break and I didn't touch my computer. Today I try to play with Ram sticks again and what big surprise it starts to work and time was going down.
I need one much smaller help from You. When I switch off my PC I still have two LED light on. One on motherboard is red one and another white small is on graphic card.

When I put completely power off with button in the back and press few time start button and later put power on, lights are off. It is not a big deal, but this is annoying, specially in the night. The red light is very bright.
What is the problem with this?

Last edited:
Hi,

Guys, foremost, I'm really very grateful for your help. Without you, I wouldn't know what to do in such a situation.
Any way, my BIOS time is 10.8 seconds. I was doing everything what You told me but nothing was to change. I was in big stress, I made one day break and I didn't touch my computer. Today I try to play with Ram sticks again and what big surprise it starts to work and time was going down.
I need one much smaller help from You. When I switch off my PC I still have two LED light on. One on motherboard is red one and another white small is on graphic card.

When I put completely power off with button in the back and press few time start button and later put power on, lights are off. It is not a big deal, but this is annoying, specially in the night. The red light is very bright.
What is the problem with this?
that red light is okay, it tells you that mainboard receives 5vsb (5volts stand by), when you resetting cmos for example, red light should be off
for gpu dunno