Vega 64 not being fully utilized?

Dec 19, 2018
Hey, I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me out.. I am playing Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 but even at fully maxed out settings, the GPU usuage is only hovering around 65-75% usage and rarely ever gets above 80%. Is this normal? And the FPS floats around 160-170fps at its peak, but I have seen benchmarks where it is averaging 200+ fps which seems weird to me.

The rig I am using is:

CPU: Ryzen 7 1700
GPU: ASUS Radeon RX VEGA 64 ROG Strix
MOBO: MSI B450M Mortar
RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 3200mhz
PSU: Aerocool Integrator Mod XT 750W Power Supply

The PSU, MOBO and RAM are all new but I am not sure if this may have anything to do with it. The radeon drivers in the radeon software are fully updated as well, after I uninstalled them and reinstalled.

Any help is appreciated, Thank You :)

It's sounds normal, you have to take system, (youtube) benchmarks with a grain of salt. Systems are rarely ever configured the same way and it's hard to confirm who is lying and who has no clue what they are reporting. You are playing at 1080p expecting fps like that right? At that resolution the game is depending more on the cpu. Unless they are benchmarking the vega with 1700 numbers will be skewed

USAFRet

Titan
MERGED QUESTION
Question from euan.moss : "Vega 64 not being fully utilized?"

Dec 19, 2018

I understand that my fps will differ to the benchmarks but, shouldn't my GPU be running at 95-99% usage? Especially at maxed out settings. Or at least higher that 70% usage, which is about what mine is using?