Question Vega 64 sf600

Mar 21, 2019
Hello!
I would like to inquire whether a Corsair sf 600 would be enough for this vega 64(Sapphire nitro+ 2x8pin version)?
It was ruined in 1080 and I had a new card to think about.

Config is as follows.
ryzen 5 1600x undervolted 1.15v 3.6ghz
hyper x fury memory 16GB 3200mhz 1.2v
128gb m2 ssd
1tb 7200rpm 128mb hdd.

Ty.

Last edited:

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
Typically GPU makers have to consider every possibility (user with multiple HDDs, high end CPU being overclocked, etc).

That said, I would NOT recommend dropping down THAT far below the recommendation. Vega64 is power-hungry. I wouldn't go below a high-quality 700W PSU.

I asked because I know this 750w is recommended for crappy psu or do I know badly?

I doubt AMD has a crappy PSU in mind but you are not too far off. Sometimes you can get away with a 50W difference but dropping 150W from the recommended wattage is just too large. At full load the Vega 64 is known to pull over 300W on its own and every PSU is at its best efficiency at 50% load. If you max the load its efficiency will drop and you will risk killing the PSU faster.

spencer.cleaves2

Upstanding
Jan 5, 2019
600W PSU will brown out the second you put that card under a load. Vega's are like the muscle cards of CPU. They have a bunch of power and they aren't very efficient (still awesome cards, especially if you're like me and use it as a space heater in those rough Canadian winters lol). I tried it with my build on a 650W just to see, and in some games it was able to be enough power but once you play some AAA titles that would put you GPU between State 6 and State 7 frequencies, it will draw too much power and shut down.

My build:
CPU: Ryzen 7 2700 (OC'd to 4.2GHz)
CPU Cooler: Cryorig H5 Ultimate (Unreal air cooler for the price)
RAM: 3200MHz DDR4
GPU: MSI Vega 64 OC Airboost (Undervolted and Overclocked)
PSU: 850W Seasonic
Storage: 1TB SSD/ 2TB HDD

TRENDING THREADS