[SOLVED] VEGA 8 overclock problems

Aug 30, 2019
Hi all, i have a RYZEN 3 2200G overclocked to 3.8ghz from the bios, MSI B450m pro m2v2, 8gb 3000mhz (xmp 2933), deepcool gammax 400, fsp hexa 400w. I tried to overclock the iGPU Vega 8 as i saw in a lot of videos and forums. All people can oc the Vega 8 to 1400/1500/1600 mhz but when i try to do this (RYZEN master software) i restart my pc but i always get a Black screen (PC still running) . so i need to clear CMOS everytime . I tried different voltages, such as 1.3 gfx voltage and 1.2 soc voltage (and lower) but it doesen’t works... anyone can help me? I will be happy with a 1300/1450 mhz igpu frequency... :(

Solution
Auto voltage has no limits. The cpu/igpu will decide what it thinks it'll need, and demands that from the VRM's. If it decides it wants 1.6v, that's what it'll demand, whether it uses 1.2v or 1.4v actual. That's why ppl specify voltages manually. Not only do lower voltages mean lower heat, but also there's safe limits they do not want to cross with OC etc.

Every cpu responds differently to voltages. The voltages given in the video are guidelines only, you may need 1.32v cpu, 1.216v soc. Sticking strictly to what another cpu uses is why you get black screens.

Start out in auto, see what RM and bios is setting for voltages at OC/speeds, then manually set those. Then start dropping/tinkering the voltages and seeing what works and what...
Aug 30, 2019
How can i do it? Are you sure it’s possible to oc the Vega 8 from the BIOS and not only with ryzen master? If it’s possible wich “voice” in the bios should i search? Thank you very much for your replies
I tried with the BIOS and it works!!! Now i need to play a little bit with the voltages (gfx and soc) but i found a tutorial that it show 1.3 gfx V. And 1.2 soc V. Now i have the Vega 8 at 1500mhz and the gfx voltage at 1.2. I do not change the soc voltage but if i’m not wrong these values are linked(?). I’m running superposition to have a benchmark and stability reports

I tried with the BIOS and it works!!! Now i need to play a little bit with the voltages (gfx and soc) but i found a tutorial that it show 1.3 gfx V. And 1.2 soc V. Now i have the Vega 8 at 1500mhz and the gfx voltage at 1.2. I do not change the soc voltage but if i’m not wrong these values are linked(?). I’m running superposition to have a benchmark and stability reports
I would concentrate on the vega8 overclock because that is where you will get the most boost for graphics. The cpu oc is not that important for graphics. If you lower the oc on the cpu that gives you more room to oc the vega8.

Aug 30, 2019
I would concentrate on the vega8 overclock because that is where you will get the most boost for graphics. The cpu oc is not that important for graphics. If you lower the oc on the cpu that gives you more room to oc the vega8.
So now i have the cpu at 3.85ghz, if i lower it to maybe 3.8 or 3.75ghz what advandages do i get?

Aug 30, 2019
Read this ARTICLE and watch the video. It should help you out better than me trying to long wind explain it to you. https://wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-3-2200g-vega-8-overclocked-1600mhz-performance/
I saw the article. It’s possible that i put the igpu to 1500mhz without change any voltage? Because i set the voltages to Auto, and the gpu to 1500mhz and it works. But at this point i don’t understand why people change voltages (soc voltage and gfx voltage). I Run a superposition benchmark and i got a 2287 score, with Cº 45.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Auto voltage has no limits. The cpu/igpu will decide what it thinks it'll need, and demands that from the VRM's. If it decides it wants 1.6v, that's what it'll demand, whether it uses 1.2v or 1.4v actual. That's why ppl specify voltages manually. Not only do lower voltages mean lower heat, but also there's safe limits they do not want to cross with OC etc.

Every cpu responds differently to voltages. The voltages given in the video are guidelines only, you may need 1.32v cpu, 1.216v soc. Sticking strictly to what another cpu uses is why you get black screens.

Start out in auto, see what RM and bios is setting for voltages at OC/speeds, then manually set those. Then start dropping/tinkering the voltages and seeing what works and what doesn't.

A good, stable OC doest take minutes, it's not a 1 step click process. It can take hours or even weeks to dial in optimal settings.

Solution

rohanghosh9093

Honorable
Jan 1, 2018
Hi all, i have a RYZEN 3 2200G overclocked to 3.8ghz from the bios, MSI B450m pro m2v2, 8gb 3000mhz (xmp 2933), deepcool gammax 400, fsp hexa 400w. I tried to overclock the iGPU Vega 8 as i saw in a lot of videos and forums. All people can oc the Vega 8 to 1400/1500/1600 mhz but when i try to do this (RYZEN master software) i restart my pc but i always get a Black screen (PC still running) . so i need to clear CMOS everytime . I tried different voltages, such as 1.3 gfx voltage and 1.2 soc voltage (and lower) but it doesen’t works... anyone can help me? I will be happy with a 1300/1450 mhz igpu frequency... :(
What is Your temps